some advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
evening all

have nearly finished C&G 2330 part 1 & 2, and will be going back in September, one day a week for part 3.

Was thinking of going on one of the 3 day 16th edition courses in the Summer holidays, as our college won't let us do it there until after we complete level 3.

As a rather mature student and a female to boot, do you think it would make me more employable?, as as yet I have not looked for work.
Would I be even capable of passing the exam without having worked in industry?

I have no illusions of granduer and know I will have to start as a gofor, but has anyone any suggestions on how to get some work, I could work for nothing this summer just to get some experience, but am unsure how to go about this as I don't know anyone/have any relations in the industry....unfortunatly :cry:

Any advice would be much appreciated
thanks
Lizzie

Sponsored Links
Hi Lizzie

You could try going to all the wholesalers in your area and asking if you can put up a small ad. near the counter with your situation and details on. You never know, someone might bite.

Simon

Hi secure
thats a good idea, I had not thought of that......there is a CEF just down the road

Liz...only me :D dont know why i dont just tell u when i see you but never the less...have u tried the local labour office? or an employment agency? they have a quick chat to you to find out what your all about then find you appropriate work...most of it is short term but on occasions ive come across situations where its lead to a permenant postion.

will remind you weds !

Sponsored Links
lizzieg said:
Thanks A
don't forget that OSG please

...(says a word beginning with S and ending in T) almost forgot about that. i'll get it out now and put it in the motor!

thanks for reminding me! good work!

lizzieg said:
Hi secure
thats a good idea, I had not thought of that......there is a CEF just down the road

I thought securespark suggested a wholesaler? :LOL: :LOL:

pensdown....of course I should have said the local B&Q............aaahhh!!!only joking :LOL: :eek: :LOL:

Seriously, I did think of asking over at screwfix or maybe iee, but have a feeling I would be ripped to shreds........not doing my confidence a power of good.

Anyone any comments on attempting C&G 2381?.....have found a place over in Oldham at £245 plus vat, and you have to buy copy of regs book, which seems a lot less than some I have looked at, and it is in commuting distance for the three days.

will catch up on replies ( if any!! :LOL: ) later, as ac motors and phase angles ( or should I say cos squiggle)await my attention

ta in advance
Lizzie:cool:

Lizzieg

I don't think you'll have a problem passing 16th edition - it's really all about finding your way around the Regs and as long as you are OK on cable calcs you'll be fine.

why not get some flyers copied and put them around your local area for non part P work?

Good luck

SB

Lizzie,
Go on do the 2381, you'll have no problems with it.
As already said it's a matter of knowing your way round the regs, the exam is multi choice done on a computer (it was when I took mine at Newbury college) most questions you'll probably know off the top of your head.
Try the paper in the link.
http://www.part-p.org.uk/exams/2381.htm

Lizzie don't be frightened to post on the sf & iee forums most will give helpful advice, those that don't just ignore

comms..........just had a go at the first paper and got 78%, just doing it off the top of my head and that was with a few topics I have not covered before, so that is encouraging

reckon on that basis I could have a go at it, so will wait to hear back from them to see if they accept my application

SB thanks for your advice too, the flyers are a good idea, but I am betting that most of the general public have never heard of part p......................... :?: :?:

Lizzie, why do you need to do the 2381 at all? When you've passed the 2330 you will already be qualified under the existing regulations. If you're going in for a registered competent persons scheme you'd only need the 2381 if you'd originally qualified under an earlier version of BS 7671.

Dingbat

the only job I did phone up for told me that I would need the 2381, and I thought you needed both the 2381/2391 to join one of the "schemes"

I wondered why the ones attending our college's 2381 were even older than me..... :LOL:

ho hum

I think its only napit that want 2391, all of the others are happy with 2381 or anything that indicates greater competence, such as the 2360 part 2 (or presumably the 2330 part 2, and they just haven't got round to updating the site yet)

Not sure what you mean by part three? I thought it came in two parts? 1 and two, which were levels 2 and 3 respectively?

that's what I mean Adam...level 1&2 this year and level 3 next year, but only takes two years to do full time ( mind you how they can call 2 and half days a week "full time" is beyond me.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back