some advice please

I'm in the same position there hun, so can appreciate your predicament. There are just so many courses that its hard to choose which one will bring in the work.
I started the course just wanting to upgrade my own house (as I did when I took my NVQ2 in plumbing :LOL: ) but am now hooked.
I am coming to the end of my level 2 and am unsure whether to take the level 3 next year, with the option to jump on to the NVQ course if I can get enough onsite experience.
I reckon that the idea of speaking to your local careers/job centre is a good one as they will have knowledge of the local employers and the qualifications they require. All areas and businesses are different, and many havent seen the 2330 qualifiers yet in the market, so it isnt as recognised as some of the other qualifications.
I am taking the PAT course later this month to get myself a little earner in the meantime, as I have a lead into small businesses in my area that are crying out for this service.
If anyone else has any ideas of what courses to take, especially in the Kent area, I would also be interested to hear
Al
P.S....Adam I am doing just one day a week and the full 1,2,3 is taking 3 years

Sponsored Links
lizzieg said:
that's what I mean Adam...level 1&2 this year and level 3 next year, but only takes two years to do full time ( mind you how they can call 2 and half days a week "full time" is beyond me.....

Ah ok, and yeah I know what you mean, kinda silly really, my course at newark is 2.5 days a week, the half is key skills which they reckon I might be able to get out of as I have A levels.

Just had a letter come through from sheffield college, got an interview there on the 22nd, got my train ticket booked, and hopefully I'll present a good impression :) and thats is 4 days a week for just a year (I think its level 2 in 25 weeks, and level 3 in 10 weeks, or something like that, not sure where level 1 comes into thing, maybe its been combined with L2 or something :confused: )

EDIT: D'OH Meant to write newark not nottingham :oops:

Adam

going by the knowledge that you have amassed, you would sail through all three levels in a year if you get into Sheffield, most of our problems came from struggling with concepts that we had never heard of before.

The lads on the course that have come from University (we have two), just breeze through the theory work, luckily helping us numpties along the way :LOL:

go for it lad...

DOH: Quote button!=Edit button

*slaps self round head with wet fish*

Sponsored Links
Lizzie. Seriously, get in touch (see S/F posts). I'm sure we can work out a way of converting your theory into useful practice. The 'The Headingley, Armley and Meanwood Weekly News' is a freebie, usually out on Wednesday or Thursday. You can get a copy direct from Yorkshire Evening Post - http://www.leedstoday.net/

Lizzie,

Where did you study for your 2330, noticed you live in bradford. Does bradford do it?

Tried at calderdale college but theres a waiting list of a year and half.

Adam

They do it at Leeds college of technology. We have two apprentices on the course there at the moment.

See Here

afswift

I am at Huddersfield on their full time course, but as rf says Leeds also do a good full time course, only thing is to give them a ring, even at this late stage, they have only been interviewing for the last 3 weeks or so....

Dingbat...Hubby works in Morley, so asked him to ask someone who lives in Leeds to get me a copy, but I will look at website, as soon as I "identify" the symbol I will be ringing you :LOL: :LOL:.....( is it a test...lol)

thanks
Lizzie

When you lot have finished with the Yorkshire Coffee Morning..... :LOL:

Secure............you could always move over this side of the Pennines and join us if you like..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

see secure.....ukants has seen the light
he he...and in Barnoldswick, where I live now, there's even a rumour of electric lights before the next winter solstace! What next....the wheel?!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back