Some heros. H&S madness.

Sponsored Links
Some bad decisions were made. But I believe if they thought the victim was still alive then the three services would have acted differently. That wont help the victims family I know.

Remember how the Police and Fire service fought to save that young man trapped in a storm drain grate in Hull just over a year ago.

Remember how the Police and Fire service fought to save that young man trapped in a storm drain grate in Hull just over a year ago.

And they dithered over that one, he was bound to die of hypothermia, left for that amount of time.

At worst, they could have cut his foot/leg off, barbaric I know, but he would have lived.

Sponsored Links
It goes with the territory. Don't want the risk? - don't take the job.

When the police and fire service are afraid of 18" of water, they become cowards.

FFS, the fire service had all of the equipment they needed to attempt a safe rescue. Shame on them all. :evil:

Sounds easy sat here :rolleyes:

If the Fire Brigade do not know about hypothermia and its effects, they are badly under trained.

Cold running water over your body will induce shivering after a few minutes,death is certain to occur shortly.

Hard decisions sometimes need to be made, H&S in these instances will cause delay and deaths.

Do you think the torrent of water may have played a small part in preventing an amputation.

I'm sure they know at least as much as you about hypothermia.

Do you think the torrent of water may have played a small part in preventing an amputation.

I'm sure they know at least as much as you about hypothermia.

Chop his leg off with an axe, yes i could, he may not feel it with the cold,if he did, tough **** the shock comes next, then the handshake, i would of put a rope round the bottom of is leg, and snatched him out, wether he liked it or not, he would still shake my hand.

When the police and fire service are afraid of 18" of water, they become cowards.

it was a steep bank, about 60 degrees, and we didn't know the depth of the water.

Police, firemen and paramedics refused to go to the aid of an accident victim who was drowning in just 18 inches of water... because they believed it was too dangerous.

A senior fire officer banned his men from using ropes and ladders to climb down a 15ft bank to the victim after carrying out a ‘risk assessment’.

Acting on advice, ten police officers who attended the emergency also failed to rescue father-of-three Karl Malton, 32, as he lay face down in the shallow water

Why didn't they use a pole and a hook to hook his clothing so that that they could keep his head above water just in case he was still alive?

Because they weren't concerned about him, only themselves.

Tóssers.

How could tying a rope around someone and lowering them down a 16 foot bank into a stream be dangerous?
Especially when there was a mob of them standing at the top ready to pull the rope back out in a couple of seconds. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back