Some heros. H&S madness.

First rule in any emergency situation ... Don't become a casualty yourself.

Having said that, I think the emergency service staff involved in this incident should all look for other (safer) careers ... A total f***ing disgrace though I fully support the work our emergency services usually do!

MW

Sponsored Links
How do you know it was careless driving,

He hit a person who was walking on the road.
That's careless driving in my book.

the accident happened at 11pm at night on a country lane. Have you ever driven down a country lane at night?

Yes many times. I live in the sticks so theres plenty of narrow winding lanes.
I drive slowly and carefully.
Used to drive them without lights at night when we were smuggling just using the ditches as a guide.
The driver may have been old and barely able to get in or out of his car never mind cross a ditch.
So his victim was doomed on two counts.

How do you know it was careless driving,

He hit a person who was walking on the road.
That's careless driving in my book.

the accident happened at 11pm at night on a country lane. Have you ever driven down a country lane at night?

Yes many times. I live in the sticks so theres plenty of narrow winding lanes.
I drive slowly and carefully.
Used to drive them without lights at night when we were smuggling just using the ditches as a guide.
The driver may have been old and barely able to get in or out of his car never mind cross a ditch.
So his victim was doomed on two counts.

Well you should know then that driving down an unlit country lane has hazards.

The driver may have gone around a corner when the victim was crossing the lane. Many factors to be taken into consideration.

Was the victim wearing dark clothing or a hi viz jacket? who knows

Has the driver been charged with careless driving? he may well be after an investigation but I highly doubt it

Sponsored Links
FFS this is not about the driver or the victim, it's about our expectations of what our emergency services should have done.

They failed us, and if this is what we can expect of them in the future, all respect for them will be out the window.

Back