some pics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having got through a lot of the EICR, i had noticed no earthing of the armour at the supply end where the swa was glanded into the cu.

I turned my attention to the summerhouse at the end of the garden as was told that the previous occupants had run a hot tub in there in there.

saw the state of the melted plastic, thought i would do a Zs, err nothing. Opened cu in summerhouse.

Is there anything glaring in there?

edited spelling

Sponsored Links
Cannot see the cpc for the 32 Amp ring final circuit cables and 6 Amp lighting circuit.
Also, it may just be the camera angle, but I can only see two of the three neutrals terminated.
The buzz bar is either the wrong size for this combination - looks like all the pins are the same size or it has not been fitted properly.

Sponsored Links
is the supply in 4.0mm? My by sight cable sizing still isn't great but it doesn't look like 6mm to me

is the supply in 4.0mm? My by sight cable sizing still isn't great but it doesn't look like 6mm to me
Looks like 6mm or higher to me - size of the cpc could even by 10mm.

BTW have you done those split ring R1+R2 tests yet - waiting with bated breath for the results?

BTW have you done those split ring R1+R2 tests yet - waiting with bated breath for the results?

Haha no unfortunately not had time, looks like I won't until tuesday either. Annoying as it is such a PITA resetting the CH and Ufloor heating timers every time I isolate the supply.

and I'm somewhat reluctant to post them as judging by the responses on here and from the people I've spoken to about it, it sounds very much like user error. But I will post them nonetheless.

It is a 6mm2 supply, no sign of cps's anywhere, also class I light fittings, I love the way the installer took the trouble to try and identify the supply earth correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back