Something missing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2105ED74-72D8-4FAF-B194-2BEB38F691D4-5174-000009BF1E19F720_zpsd049f31b.jpg

:confused:

Sponsored Links
non-electrician BUT

The CU is missing an earth,also those fat tails are missing a connector block leaving the wire exposed (bottom of pic)?

[edit]I'm an idiot,you would have done that to isolate the CU?

Tails / henley done by us to kill off the old CU.

Called out northern power grid, they said cutout is in next doors, and nothing wrong it. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it! We asked about having a cutout put in and fitting a solid link in next door, but were told as the tails run under the floor between houses, they need to be protected.

We were told if we are that bothered, to apply for a new connection, but at around £1200, I'm not so sure....

Yuk, but a question: as you need a working answer, will you fit a fused switch between the meter and the CU making effectively a micro -sub main?

Sounds like it! We asked about having a cutout put in and fitting a solid link in next door, but were told as the tails run under the floor between houses, they need to be protected.

We were told if we are that bothered, to apply for a new connection, but at around £1200, I'm not so sure....

Wait until next door go on holiday for a fortnight, then blow the cutout fuse and call out the DNO to repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back