Something to finish where wooden floor meets tiled floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

As title says. We have wooden floor (dining room) which meets tiled floor (kitchen). We did have a sliding door in between but this has been removed. The gap in the runner has been filled in.

I just need something to cover/tidy the gap (approx 120mm) between where wood meets tile.

Open to PVC or wood (light oak). What would you suggest I use?

Thanks.

Mike

Sponsored Links
You need a threshold strip however I think you will struggle to find one that wide.

I had this problem a couple of years ago so I screwed a batten to the floor that more or less spanned the gap with the top sitting just below the level of the floor. I then bought a strip of oak that was slightly wider than the gap (120mm in your case), chamfered the edges, screwed it to the batten, recessed the screw heads and filled the holes in wood filler then stained to match the floor.

It might also be an idea to put a very very thin bead of sealant under the oak strip where it meets each section of floor, this stops dust, dirt and other bits and pieces being pushed into the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back