Sore losers? Hoping for a rerun?

Is there any promise in the Brexit camp that will actually be honoured? Other than screwing the UK economy obviously.
Yes: we won't be governed by an unaccountable authoritarian libero-facist Europroject with delusions of grandure. Jeez, what more do you want?
Democracy...oh wait, we are now less democratic.
Good trade links with Europe? Oh wait, we just lost that.
Policies that are bad for Putin? Oh wait, just flushed that away.

You want delusions of grandure? How about the Brexit's supporters idea that we can broker a favourable deal with the EU, or the US, or China. You know, anyone of any note.

We've gone from being a group of traders with a huge bargaining power, to a corner shop hoping to price war with Tesco. And abide by the same laws at the same time.

And all done through lies.

The Tories have spread nothing but division through this country, and what has been achieved? Job losses.

Sponsored Links
Democracy...oh wait, we are now less democratic.
Since the British governmental system is demonstrably more democratic than the EU government system, clearly you are mistaken.

Good trade links with Europe? Oh wait, we just lost that. How about the Brexit's supporters idea that we can broker a favourable deal with the EU, or the US, or China. You know, anyone of any note. We've gone from being a group of traders with a huge bargaining power, to a corner shop hoping to price war with Tesco. And abide by the same laws at the same time. The Tories have spread nothing but division through this country, and what has been achieved? Job losses.
Have there been any job losses?

Wobs, there's a big difference between speculation and reality.

Since the British governmental system is demonstrably more democratic than the EU government system, clearly you are mistaken.

Oh Gerry, you are funny. Have you been reading the Beano?

upload_2016-6-27_14-50-18.png

Sponsored Links
And by resigning our membership, we will lose our vote and our influence at the conference table.

Own goal, Outists.

And by resigning our membership, we will lose our vote and our influence at the conference table. Own goal, Outists.
*sigh* Only 6% of businesses have any need of such influence. 6% is the minority. The rest of us don't care.

You want to sell goods and services into the single market, and obey rules that you had no influence on.

Good luck.

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-27_15-0-13.png
    upload_2016-6-27_15-0-13.png
    621.4 KB · Views: 96
With regard to the title of the thread, it seems more like sore winners. They don't know what to do now.

As for the decision, I suppose it has to be accepted but it isn't really acceptable.
Don't accuse me of anything; I've always said democracy is a silly idea.

I forecast that the end result will be exactly the same as before without being an actual member.

A bit like leaving the Working Men's Club but still being allowed in because you know everybody; just that you now can't stand for the committee.

Have there been any job losses?

Wobs, there's a big difference between speculation and reality.
I'm glad you asked. Yes there will be, as even I know people whose employment depends upon EU funding (I know of at least one of my friends who will lose their job on this). Then there is the relocation of some companies to the EU, the funding to regenerate poor areas of the UK, the rebates we received... need I go on?

And lost on lies.

Reality is a bitch.

I'd suggest number five.. As number four but with no trade tariffs.

By the way, if anyone needs the 300 billion acrow props that I bought to hold up the sky when the PM told us it would fall down...I guess that is what you get when you listen to folk who have no idea.

And by resigning our membership, we will lose our vote and our influence at the conference table.

Own goal, Outists.
This cannot be understated. I have been to seminars where the underlying message is that we need our own representatives at the table from our own companies to influence the up an coming EU regs. Its not a closed shop, but a process that we all can (or could) contribute.

It is more democratic than the UK, and we just flushed away that voice, but will probably still have to pay the same fee.

It is more democratic than the UK, and we just flushed away that voice, but will probably still have to pay the same fee.
I disgaree. It's a kind of democracy, sure, but it's a top-down structure. The unelected comission are right at the top -they decide what laws to make and how to make them (in secret no less!). The parliament has no legislative power, all it can do is vote on the proposals handed down to it. If it votes no, maybe the comission will tweak them and try again, maybe it will throw them out altogether, who knows. The point is, the MEPs we can vote for are themselves only voters,'yes men'; they have no legislative power.
Compare that to the British system: The MPs you vote for are the legislators, they decide what laws to make and how to make them. The laws are then passed down to the house of lords who have no power; they are merely a house of voters.
You may disagree, but I think the British system places more power in the hands of the voting public because it makes the legislators accountable, rather than the lords.

Sponsored Links
Back