Farage speaks about B.....

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I wasn't expecting to read this today.

"Brexit has failed, says Nigel Farage"

"But frankly, we have not delivered on borders, we have not delivered on Brexit, the Tories have let us down very badly."

I like the way he blames the Tories, the party he was a member of, for Brexit failing - he needs to take some of the blame for ignoring all the experts and business leaders who told him it would fail, before he was UKIP leader.

Sponsored Links
I agree with him, sadly the current crop of politicians from both parties have absolutely no ambition or drive. We all just plod along with more of the same. If nobody takes advantage of the opportunities that Brexit should have created then we are left with only the disadvantages, which is where we now are.

We should become a low-tax nimble country. No chance with the current lot or the next lot either, assuming Starmer will be the next PM. It probably needs election defeat for the tories to go away and remember what they're actually supposed to stand for.

He said that snippet, but in the wider context of the interview, "It was the Tories what spoiled it, Guv"., was his drift.

Sponsored Links
Yep! But, he was a tory, so his fault still! He only left the Tories to do Brexit, because of the things the Tories had done so he shouldn't be surprised that they then didn't do other things properly.

But that is all a fallacy, ie that it is possible to make something good of it. Sometimes, no matter how amazing the chef is, there can only be **** on the menu.

The Tory party today is nothing like it was. Same with Labour, both parties are now just middle-of-the-road nothingness, a huge void where ambition once was. Two cheeks of the same arse.

The tories should be low tax, to hell with public services. Labour should be high tax, loads of waste fantastic public services.

Both parties are trying to please everyone, and end up pleasing nobody.

Starmer will probably find some back-handed way to rejoin the EU in all but name anyway, so it's probably just a brexit holiday from the EU.

I agree with him, sadly the current crop of politicians from both parties have absolutely no ambition or drive. We all just plod along with more of the same. If nobody takes advantage of the opportunities that Brexit should have created then we are left with only the disadvantages, which is where we now are.

We should become a low-tax nimble country. No chance with the current lot or the next lot either, assuming Starmer will be the next PM. It probably needs election defeat for the tories to go away and remember what they're actually supposed to stand for.
I think you're kidding yourself if you think that Brexit can be made to work with a different breed of politician.

Not even Paul Daniels could pull that one off!

Many who voted Brexit are now regretting it, there are very few people who still believe in it.

I thought it was horsesh*t as well.
There's consequences if you disregard a good proportion of the electorate however much you try to gerrymander it.

Are you the same person who said there's to many sheeple who think we live in a democracy words to that effect?

The turnout at the local elections are suggesting there's a few cottoning on.

So you're saying Brexit is like communism - it would be great in theory, but those in power don't do it the way you think it should be done.

Sponsored Links
Back