Sore losers? Hoping for a rerun?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Well, who'd have thought it?

"The UKIP leader speaks to the Mirror’s Associate Editor Kevin Maguire and warns that a '52-48 result would be unfinished business'"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

" he predicted a second referendum on Europe.
He based this on 52% voting in, 48% out.."
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/remem...tes-should-lead-to-second-referendum-5963900/

"But one of the figureheads of 'Brexiteers', Ukip leader Nigel Farage, previously told the Mirror that he would want a second referendum if the result was so close.

He even called it 'unfinished business'.

Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”"

Sponsored Links
I see the Outists are backing away from their pre-vote positions...

"Brexit campaigner Dr Liam Fox said: "A lot of things were said in advance of this referendum that we might want to think about again and that (invoking article 50) is one of them.

"I think that it doesn't make any sense to trigger article 50 without having a period of reflection first, for the Cabinet to determine exactly what it is that we're going to be seeking and in what timescale.

"And then you have to also consider what is happening with the French elections and the German elections next year and the implications that that might have for them.

"So a period of calm, a period of reflection, to let it all sink in and to work through what the actual technicalities are."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/3-brexit-promises-campaigners-wriggled-8271762

Sponsored Links
We're past talking about the vote. This is about when and how (or if) the Brexit ideas will (or can) be turned into reality. Or is reality not of interest to you?

If the people in Scotland get a new referendum on separation from England before the UK leaves the Eu then will Scotland remain in the EU and will this require a land border between England and Scotland.

:mrgreen: Will it be necessary to rebuild Hadrians wall to keep deter people trying to reach England via Scotland.

I don't know. What did the Brexit campaigners put in their manifesto about Scotland leaving the UK? It's been known about for a long time.

I don't know. What did the Brexit campaigners put in their manifesto about Scotland leaving the UK? It's been known about for a long time.
'Brexit campaginers' is not a political party; they don't have a manifesto. There was never an onus on them to draft a detailed plan of exit, only to encourage people to vote leave. In that they succeeded. The referendum is merely an instruction to the government (PM) of what the people want. The government signed us into the EU, presumably it can sign us out. The PM promised not to resign, so he should be available to manage the aftermath of his own referendum.

Except, he has resigned... the captain abandoned his ship! The final fu(k-you from a PM who did his best to belittle Britain. (pun intended:p)

'Brexit campaginers' is not a political party; they don't have a manifesto. There was never an onus on them to draft a detailed plan of exit, only to encourage people to vote leave. In that they succeeded. The referendum is merely an instruction to the government (PM) of what the people want. The government signed us into the EU, presumably it can sign us out. The PM promised not to resign, so he should be available to manage the aftermath of his own referendum.

Except, he has resigned... the captain abandoned his ship! The final fu(k-you from a PM who did his best to belittle Britain. (pun intended:p)
If you were captain of the ship and your employees told you to steer the course that you passionately believed to be the wrong course. What would you do? Steer the ship towards dangerous waters?
If the captain of the ship threatens to resign if you choose the (in his view) the wrong course. Many who wish to see him gone will vote for the wrong course, for the wrong reasons.
I'd have thought even you could have worked that out.

Bexit campaigners are/were a political force and one has a right to expect a plan of action, a direction, an idea of where we're going, how we're going to get there, and what to expect when we arrive.

If you don't know where you're going, you won't know how to get there! Nor will you know when you've arrived.
That sums up the UK government now, and in a vacuum comes adversity and difficulty.

Last edited:
One of John’s heroes has finally shown his face on TV this morning and guess what, he is no longer talking about a punishment budget.

It can’t be possible that a prominent Remainer told a great big fat lie in the run up to the referendum, can it?

If so, how could John live with that?

Why are you posting exactly the same comment in two different threads?
One of John’s heroes has finally shown his face on TV this morning and guess what, he is no longer talking about a punishment budget.

It can’t be possible that a prominent Remainer told a great big fat lie in the run up to the referendum, can it?

If so, how could John live with that?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/f...ere-out-of-the-eu.461823/page-3#ixzz4ClZAFxqM

My response is the same as the other one, in the other thread. :rolleyes:

John and Himaginn... If there is anything I can do to help you feel better, then please let me know... I do have a pal who works down at the Kleenex factory

Is there any promise in the Brexit camp that will actually be honoured? Other than screwing the UK economy obviously.

Is there any promise in the Brexit camp that will actually be honoured? Other than screwing the UK economy obviously.
Yes: we won't be governed by an unaccountable authoritarian libero-facist Europroject with delusions of grandure. Jeez, what more do you want?

Sponsored Links
Back