A sign of impending defeat?

But the quote was about disease, not vaccinations. How has the UK faired compared to its EU neighbours?
Only Spain could be said to be doing as bad:
View attachment 221208
And with Brexit to deal with as well, its not looking good for us.

Its like the BMA knows what its talking about.

I can't understand it. What has UK got that could cause us to do so badly?

"The British prime minister, Boris Johnson, also interrupted the fear reflex in the UK. As cases rose last March, he boasted: “I was at a hospital the other night where there were a few coronavirus patients, and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know, and I continue to shake hands … people obviously can make up their own mind.”"

Sponsored Links
I see that the UK had put protection and restrictive fishing on 2 areas for environmental reasons

one is Dogger Bank dunno were the other one is

this would not be possible if we were in the EU :cool:

Perhaps some one should give Macron a wake up call :idea:

does the buffoon know he has a vaccine plant in Scotland :confused:

probably not :LOL:

I can't understand it. What has UK got that could cause us to do so badly?

For a moment, I thought Buffoon's buddy Cummings was on the road again.

"Covid-19: Uninsured driver travelled 300 miles 'for a kebab'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-55756789

Why is it that some people think the rules don't matter?

Leadership comes from the top. Buffoon supported this fellow.

11408897.jpg

No decent person did.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18473975.cummings-absolute-disgrace-say-teesdale-residents/

Sponsored Links
Do you go to bed at night and wake up in the morning thinking of dear Dom? You really must get over this obsessive love disorder you have.

Lol.
Was that the same advice your therapist gave you and ellal?
I think ellal has self-imploded. Either that or she’s had a ban. She's not been on here for a good few days - I’m starting to miss her.

Stalker mottie checking his Attendance Register.

Well, they got that one wrong, didn’t they? Thank God we weren’t anything to do with the EU vaccination decision making shamble. :whistle: Did you believe it then when you quoted them Notch? How about now, another change of mind maybe?
AZ did not apply to EU for approval until two weeks after approval was given in UK.
It was hardly the fault of EU if AZ scheduled their approval seeking process differently.
They may not apply for approval in USA before spring.
  • AstraZeneca may not apply for a US FDA Emergency Use Authorization until the spring. The data from their UK trial was "odd" and had one "pretty serious error" in it, a US vaccine expert said.
  • AstraZeneca is now conducting a larger trial of nearly 30,000 people in the US.
https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/when-will-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-be-approved-in-us-2021-1
You can't approve the use of something until approval has been applied for.

For a moment, I thought Buffoon's buddy Cummings was on the road again.

"Covid-19: Uninsured driver travelled 300 miles 'for a kebab'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-55756789

Why is it that some people think the rules don't matter?

Leadership comes from the top. Buffoon supported this fellow.

11408897.jpg

No decent person did.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/18473975.cummings-absolute-disgrace-say-teesdale-residents/
That guy with the microphone is clearly a Russian, you can tell by his hat! :whistle:

Has that been caused by Brexit wobs?
What issues have the UK faced in the last few years? NHS staff shortages in the 10s of thousands. Why? Because staff from the EU have gone back to their home countries.

Meanwhile, we've had an NHS struggling to cope, with operations cancelled, owing to staff shortages. When you have covid wards struggling to cope, they bring in other doctors/nurses from elsewhere.

Now lets look at an actual source:
"Key findings
  • Leaving the single market will create new and wide-ranging problems for the majority of NHS medicines and medical devices which come from or via the EU. Measures such as stockpiling and planned delays in bringing in full controls will help, but data since the EU referendum shows medicines shortages have become more common and seem to fluctuate easily. The coronavirus wave and Brexit stockpiling both created spikes in imported supplies, and filling both requirements at once may be very difficult.
  • Export blocks on medically vital supplies by the EU were used during the first wave of coronavirus and could cover the UK after 31 December.
  • The UK will no longer have access to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), which collects and shares intelligence on pandemics and other infectious disease outbreaks. The UK is trying to negotiate access to the Early Warning and Response System, which shares information between ECDC and member states during pandemics, but this will depend on whether a deal is reached and whether this provision is secured.
  • Based on negotiating documents, draft treaties, and briefing to date, the majority of the crucial issues for health which could have been secured in an agreement are not agreed upon by the two sides, or the outcome is uncertain. These should be given a higher priority in the context of the ongoing pandemic.
  • Several important areas for responding to coronavirus depend on cooperative practices and favourable decisions across the EU and UK, beyond simply the presence or absence of a deal. These include allowances at customs on the EU side; the exchange of data and intelligence; and the UK being subject to blocks on exports. Bad relations will magnify the issues the NHS faces in trying to tackle coronavirus next year.
  • Poor funding for public health and social care contributed to limitations in the UK’s capacity to address coronavirus during the first wave. Leaving the single market will mean slower growth, making addressing these more difficult though the case to do so remains very strong."
https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/research/how-will-brexit-affect-the-uk-s-response-to-coronavirus

Sponsored Links
Back