Brexit - the pantomime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving on the 29th March is enshrined in law regardless.
Untrue actually...

Postponing/withdrawal of article 50 is at the behest of Westminster.
And that includes during any extension/transition period.

Having erroneously blamed the EU for their ills, quitters voted to 'bring back' law making to this country.
So in a parliamentary democracy, parliament will be sovereign - not the voter!
(it always was, but again that escaped quitter understanding of the true situation)

Sponsored Links
Postponing/withdrawal of article 50 is at the behest of Westminster.
It will require an Act of Parliament.

To stop leaving on 29th is not something that can just happen or be an alternative to the deal/no deal situation as is being touted.

To stop leaving on 29th is not something that can just happen or be an alternative to the deal/no deal situation as is being touted.
So who do you think invokes an Act of Parliament?

And only just in the last hour or so, a precedent has been set to change the timing of parliamentary decision making/procedures...

A 5 year parliament is supposed to be 'set in stone', but there is always a get out clause...

Therefore nothing is set in stone in a parliamentary democracy.
Because despite assertions that the UK has a constitution, we do not!

Could be the reason Turkey are building 5star resorts as fast as they can build em.......to cope with all the millions of holiday makers avoiding the dreaded Euro.
How will that work?

I'm sure I read somewhere that Turkey is joining the EU.

upload_2019-1-9_13-49-17.png

Were we told something which wasn't true?

Sponsored Links
If there is no deal doubt u will be able to go abroad into any EU country . Planes will not be allowed to land

Channel tunnel will be shut

Best bet is to buy an inflatable boat and try to get to Calais that way ???
Lol. Tbh i'd gladly leave this shoite whole country and go live there in Calais, britian is literally dying on its knees, i should get out whilst you still can, whilst you can still get petrol, hahaha.

To pause/stop the withdrawal process?

The court case over invoking A50 was about the executive trying to do it without the consent of the legislature.

I would have thought that if there was a motion "This house calls upon the Prime Minister to request an extension to/revoke the Article 50 process" that was passed then that would do.

Lol. Tbh i'd gladly leave this shoite whole country and go live there in Calais, britian is literally dying on its knees, i should get out whilst you still can, whilst you can still get petrol, hahaha.
Most over used word,,”literally”...”.Britain dying on its knees”. What utter garbage.

To pause/stop the withdrawal process?

The court case over invoking A50 was about the executive trying to do it without the consent of the legislature.

I would have thought that if there was a motion "This house calls upon the Prime Minister to request an extension to/revoke the Article 50 process" that was passed then that would do.
This is where Bercow's intervention makes things more interesting...
There is a myriad of obscure parliamentary procedures that most people have no clue about, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that this is all part of the plan!

Many MP's are now openly mooting the idea of another referendum, whereas not too long ago there was almost complete silence on that option.
The deal might not pass, and no-deal would probably be vetoed.

But what would be the question for a new referendum, and how could it be put?
If it was a straight fight for one of the three available options, that's a stitch up.
Someone mentioned an alternative vote referendum. But that's against the 'will of the people', due to that system being rejected in a recent referendum!

The UK has managed to get itself into a position that will be extremely difficult to extract itself from...
So nauseous is correct in saying "britian is literally dying on its knees"!
(I'd have added in 'slowly' to that statement though)

This is where Bercow's intervention makes things more interesting...
There is a myriad of obscure parliamentary procedures that most people have no clue about, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that this is all part of the plan!

Many MP's are now openly mooting the idea of another referendum, whereas not too long ago there was almost complete silence on that option.
The deal might not pass, and no-deal would probably be vetoed.

But what would be the question for a new referendum, and how could it be put?
If it was a straight fight for one of the three available options, that's a stitch up.
Someone mentioned an alternative vote referendum. But that's against the 'will of the people', due to that system being rejected in a recent referendum!

The UK has managed to get itself into a position that will be extremely difficult to extract itself from...
So nauseous is correct in saying "britian is literally dying on its knees"!
(I'd have added in 'slowly' to that statement though)
Rofl..."literally" stop it Lal...And you think anything except staying in EU is a "stitch up"

literal
/ˈlɪt(ə)r(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or exaggeration.
    "dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread"
  2. 2.
    (of a translation) representing the exact words of the original text.
    "a literal translation from the Spanish"
    synonyms: word-for-word, verbatim, line-for-line, letter-for-letter;

3. Going to be pedantic,taking a tip from you remoaner lot..Britain does not have knees..It is not alive so cannot die.

And you think anything except staying in EU is a "stitch up"
As I've said before, put three options on the ballot paper (deal, no deal, remain) and it's a stitch up in favour of remain by splitting the leave vote!

You really aren't that bright are you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back