Brexit - the pantomime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, put three options on the ballot paper (deal, no deal, remain) and it's a stitch up in favour of remain by splitting the leave vote!

You really aren't that bright are you :rolleyes:
Anything but stay in EU is a stitch up to you.

Sponsored Links
Anything but stay in EU is a stitch up to you.
Poor old DP's record is stuck!
( I guess another 'corrected' admission in such a short space of time would be too much enough for him to take given his fragile state of mind!)

But hey another pantomime precedent has been struck - this time outside of parliament...

Refunds after 'spectacularly bad' panto...

"There were only three people, no scenery, they couldn't sing or dance."

Sounds exactly like bojo, garbage and smogg!

(for 'refunds', read re-run ;))

Last edited:
Turkey is on the list to join, but currently the date set is 12th of never......
Actually 'accession talks' have been shelved, and it would require full agreement of all EU members to restart...

And funnily enough, within the EU the UK has a veto...

Outside, and guess what! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
This is where Bercow's intervention makes things more interesting...
There is a myriad of obscure parliamentary procedures that most people have no clue about, and I still have a sneaking suspicion that this is all part of the plan!
There's a plan?

If you hired a jobbing builder to put up a dog kennel for you you'd expect him to have more of a plan than HMG has....

Someone mentioned an alternative vote referendum. But that's against the 'will of the people', due to that system being rejected in a recent referendum!
Which was another example of people making a stupid choice because they were lied to.

The UK has managed to get itself into a position that will be extremely difficult to extract itself from...
True - there is no good way out of the mess.

{Cue the usual idiots advocating the utterly insane idea of leaving without a deal}

There's a plan?
I believe/hope so...

A 'remainer plot' if you like...

Anyone who has a problem with that should realise that the extreme wing of the tory party has been trying to get Brexit ever since the initial European referendum!

Which was another example of people making a stupid choice because they were lied to.
Yep, a dumbed down electorate is part of the ruling elite's plan...

Because it suits their own interests!

Most over used word,,”literally”...”.Britain dying on its knees”. What utter garbage.
Thank you for your observation but ..... yes it's true, uk is on its way out, open your eyes amigo..
source.gif

oops better add a smiley to that or you might literally think i'm serious. :)

Actually 'accession talks' have been shelved, and it would require full agreement of all EU members to restart...

And funnily enough, within the EU the UK has a veto...

Outside, and guess what! :rolleyes:
Accession talks not suspended though..........

Accession talks not suspended though..........
Yes they have been...

Or is 'put on hold' more semantically correct for you?

But hey, what's the problem...The UK won't have a say anyway :rolleyes:

And many quitters appear to want the destruction of the EU (along with the UK), so your erroneous point is moot anyway!

Last edited:
So tell us all Notch, what part of this:

On 26 June 2018, the EU's General Affairs Council stated that "the Council notes that Turkey has been moving further away from the European Union. Turkey’s accession negotiations have therefore effectively come to a standstill and no further chapters can be considered for opening or closing and no further work towards the modernisation of the EU-Turkey Customs Union is foreseen."​

reads to you as something other than the accession talks being on hold?

Is the problem here that you are using completely different "meanings" of words to the rest of the world? Or is it that this is just one more in an endless series of sorry examples of you not giving a ()$£&%*@ about truth and facts ?

literal
/ˈlɪt(ə)r(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or exaggeration.
    "dreadful in its literal sense, full of dread"
  2. 2.
    (of a translation) representing the exact words of the original text.
    "a literal translation from the Spanish"
    synonyms: word-for-word, verbatim, line-for-line, letter-for-letter;

3. Going to be pedantic,taking a tip from you remoaner lot..Britain does not have knees..It is not alive so cannot die.

Usage

In its standard use literally means ‘in a literal sense, as opposed to a non-literal or exaggerated sense’, as for example in I told him I never wanted to see him again, but I didn't expect him to take it literally. In recent years an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in non-literal contexts, for added effect, as in they bought the car and literally ran it into the ground. This use can lead to unintentional humorous effects (we were literally killing ourselves laughing) and is not acceptable in formal contexts, though it is widespread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back