Sorry Another Boiler Quote Question

So to be clear you want me to shut off all the radiator valves then fire up the boiler ?

Sponsored Links
Moved into this house 3 years ago and its always taken about 3 hrs to get the house upto temperature, I found that the pump was connected to the return
pipe so had that changed with a new pump and fitted to the flow side of the system but that has not improve things, not sure if 12 years with the pump on the return has done any damage to the boiler ? The boiler has been serviced.

I've had a quote to remove the very old system water tank ect and convert to a combi system, They want to fit a Glowworm 35Kw boiler with shock arrestor,scale reducer,mag filer and install Hive controls, chemically flush system for £4746.

I can opt for a Vaillant for an extra £395+vat, If the gas supply needs updating thats an additional £580+vat, the house is a 4 bed detached with 14 rads two showers no bath.

Is it worth paying the extra for the Vaillant ?

If you having a combi fitted I'd want a powerflush and not just a chemical flush.

Personal I'd go for system boiler and an unvented cylinder.

Sponsored Links
Shut all the rads fired up the boiler it ran for maybe a minute then F22 dry error.

Shut all the rads fired up the boiler it ran for maybe a minute then F22 dry error.
OK, that seems to rule out my theory! Back to square one.

Have you got a bypass valve, if so it should have been closed for the test. Maybe in normal operation it's passing too much.

If that's not it, I still think the problem will remain if you replace the boiler

Only valves I have are these. Think I'll have to wait until winter and see how the system performs.

Attachments

• IMG_20230911_120253.jpg
    IMG_20230911_120253.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 22
Only valves I have are these. Think I'll have to wait until winter and see how the system performs.
I suppose you've tried increasing the pump speed and perhaps its mode of operation? Are your rads adequately sized for the boiler output? If they're too small it would give your symptoms.

Any particular reason a boiler would run for an hour or so and then turn off while the thermostat is still calling for heat ?

Any particular reason a boiler would run for an hour or so and then turn off while the thermostat is still calling for heat ?
You will have to update us, did you get a new boiler? did you open the by-pass ? has anything changed ?

Nothing has changed used the central heating for the first time yesterday, dont think my system has a by-pass valve.
Have set the boiler temp to 60, should it not keep running until the temperture is reached on the Nest thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back