sorry, I know this has been asked before but...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...I've not seen/found any answers, perhaps that is because the answer to the below is "no, next topic.."

So, are there any decent close coupled toilets with a decent flush for sale in the UK? I realise that close coupled designs aren't great due to the lack of water head etc.. but is there a (close coupled) toilet that has:

- a decent pan design (i.e. to release the water quickly/correctly),
- with a decent sized flush pipe,
- with a decent syphon/flap

that ensure a good, powerful flush?

alternatively, is there a decent pressure assisted toilet available in the UK? are these not allowed in the UK due to WRAS regulations?

I'm talking here about ones that use the pressure of the incoming mains water to pressurise a tank so that when it flushes it is essentially releasing a pressured vessel to 'power flush' the pan.

Cheers for any advice

PS

Close coupled because (due to a window behind) the maximum height can be no more than 80cm high.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of decent ones - just pick a branded pan with a matched cistern and avoid cheap & cheerful "shed" offers.

Pressurised cistern is a bizarre idea - but if you can come up with a working design I'd patent it quickly!

Twyford Galerie Optimise are great :D

Saniflo do a WC with a direct mains flush, I'm installing one currently but you'll have to watch this space to find out whether it's actually any good!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back