sorry part p.question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am a heating engineer of many years,i fully understand that electric has to be used safley.
1.can a minor electrical installation works certificate be issued by me for work ie new gas central heating installation,when electrical work done by others.all run from existing fused spur.
2.can a part p qualfied person [b&c] install a spur from a ring main to provide power for a gas central heating system.
thanks in advance and i promise i will never post any more part p questions.

Sponsored Links
The person doing the work should have issued the Minor Works Certificate, it should not be issued by someone who is not responsible for that work.

You can issue a PIR if you have tested it and are qualified to do so, but you should ensure that you test it properly if this is the case.

Yes. A part P regsitered installer can install a afused spur for a central heating system, that is the whole point of making Plumbers comply with Part P and becoming registered.

thanks big spark,by the way how did you get that name sounds dangerous,just like heating fitters wiring we have a love of non heat resistant flex.subject closed.

kier said:
thanks big spark,by the way how did you get that name sounds dangerous,just like heating fitters wiring we have a love of non heat resistant flex.subject closed.

It's because I'm 1.94m (6ft 4") tall, weigh almost 127kg (20 stone)..and am only about 5kg overweight..(about a stone)

Sponsored Links
that makes me a big_gas,smell usually after 11 pints of guinness and a hot indian curry,yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back