Books On Part P And Basic Domestic Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm seriously considering taking the Part P course. Last year I passed my ACS assessments after spending a couple of years at college. Since then I've been installing central heating.

The heating engineer I work with isn't Part P, therefore he has to get an electrician in to fit fused spurs etc to feed the boiler. He doesn't want to get involved with the electrics side of things but I do. Can any of you recommend any good books out there?

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
You will of course require copies of BS7671 and the onsite guide

When purchasing BS7671 ensure the standard you are buying is the latest BS7671:2008, as copies of BS7671:2001(2004) may still be floating around, with the onsite guide, the copy that guides to the latest version of BS7671 hasn't been released yet, so best hold off on that one

GN3 and the electricians guide to the building regulations would also be sensible to have copies off, but again, with the former at least, best wait until the new copies are out

As to books that are a bit easier going, try part P doctor by Al Lynch http://www.amazon.co.uk/Part-P-Doctor-Alan-Lynch/dp/0955479304 its specifically written by an electrician who posts on those forums for those doing the domestic installers qualfication :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the swift replies, much appreciated. I'll look into it all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back