Part P Qualified

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Been working with an electrician for the last year getting some hands on.

I know now that i need to be Part P qualified to do any further work, i have a few questions if any of you could please answer i will be greatfull

ok, is there some centers (yorkshire) doing the part p qualification?

what is involved in the qualification itself?

Do i need to go to college before i can take the Part P

Is there anyone here who has taken the tests or whatnot and can explain what i should do from here

Please note i am new to this so dont slate me too much, we all started out some place :)

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
Hi m8
As far as i know you have to be assessed buy a regulated body (eg ec* or nic**c) you can register with them but cancel your holiday.
On the assessment you need to show paperwork off two electrical jobs and have 16th edition test equipment (calibrated) they watch has you will test the installation you have done.
If you fail in there opinion there is a retest fee

Onesongrg

Also you will need c&g 2381 (2/3 day course)

Source,

You need to do C&G 2381 first then you also need 2391, entry requirements seem to vary from college to college.

Then you need calibrated test meters, 2mill' public liability, references etc etc etc. Then stump up fees to which ever gang you want to join - N#C, N#P#T, etc. - should you pass their assessments that is!!!

Of course if you live in Scotland, as I do, I believe we get another couple of months before the law changes.

ok, where in yorkshire does these qualifications?

Whats involved in the qualifications in detail?

Thanks for your replys

Sponsored Links
Dont start till september.... Need it sooner ;)

thx anyhows Breez

In relation to Part P qualifications: As far as I am aware any qualified electrician with parts 1 & 2 will be considered as a member so long as they've got an upto date 2381 (16th edition wiring regs). You would still need to pass a site survey. But you would then only be able to do work in domestic dwellings, so a lot of electricians are taking the 2391 (inspection & testing) which still allows them to work in commercial/industrial situations.

For non qualified personnel ie kitchen fitters, bathroom fitters who do electrical installation work and have no formal qualifications - there is a specific course designed to allow them to carry out this work in domestic dwellings only and be able to self cert their own work. The name of this course is the E** Level 2 - Domestic Electrical Installers Qualification(5 day course).

You then register as a member with one of the governing bodies stating your relevant qualifications.

Hope this helps. :)

got any idea of any where that runs this course, as im intrested in doing it but it seems a very limited response on the web?

cheers

Thermo

There are various centres across the country running this course. You would need to contact the N**eic and they should be able to give you names of the training centres running it. Some colleges are running the course but normally they are run over a longer period of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back