Sortin Europe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I reckon they should:

All go back to their own currencies.

All decide their own immigration policies.

All Make their own laws.

Just be a trading bloc and nothing else - no social interaction.

Dismantle the European parliament and sack all Euro MPs.

Failing that - just make Europe a single country, with a single parliament.

I prefer option A.

Sponsored Links
Hear Hear,, that man The voice of common sense, Joe.

I agree again but its all politics and fear of losing trade with these countries will always be at the forefront of govt policies.

Losing some trade with the EU countries could cost the UK a lot of jobs. :(

Sponsored Links
Option A sounds good to me. Unfortunately, the EU is already well on the way to trying for option B.

I agree again but its all politics and fear of losing trade with these countries will always be at the forefront of govt policies.

The only thing politicians fear is losing a zero on the end of their fat pay checks.
And who will lose these jobs? Bankers, lawers and politicians?
Its the usual scaremongering by the europhile establishment to protect their own wallet.

The pro-EU crowd loves to trot out the "Think of all the trade we'll lose" line in response to suggestions that we should withdraw from the EU.

Do they think that we didn't trade with any of those countries prior to Britain's entry into what was then the EEC in 1973?

Losing some trade with the EU countries could cost the UK a lot of jobs. :([/quote]

Cost the UK jobs????

When i've no work as a builder i fall back on my hgv1 and do some work through the agency, both of these trades are bursting at the seems with migrant workers.

How often have you heard on the tv that hotels cant get any local staff? If they would pay a decent wage there are plenty of local staff!

Hopefully at the next general election, the torries will have sorted out the mess left by the Brown/Blair years and if we all vote UKIP and give them a chance we may be better off!

The pro-EU crowd loves to trot out the "Think of all the trade we'll lose" line in response to suggestions that we should withdraw from the EU.

What trade?? The French decide they don't want British Beef (they prefer the winner of the 3:30 at Newmarket) and blockade their ports. I reckon we don't want all these illegal immigrants, trying their luck at crossing the channel (with encouragement from almost all of Europe) Perhaps time for us to blockade our own Channel Ports, and send these illegals back to the country they first stepped foot in in Europe Mind you the EU would claim no prior knowledge of immigrants passing through their countries)

I've not got a problem with joe's second option in principal, after all our own country is made up of seperate countries or principalaties all working together for the common good for want of a better phrase.
However, that said until we can overcome the corruption , greed and selfcenteredness of the eu then the whole experiment is well and truly boned. There was always talk of corruption in the old Soviet Union but in comparission with the eu the USSR was run by saints. I don't know about sacking all the euro mps maybe hard labour for the next 30 years would be a start :evil:

Hopefully at the next general election, the torries will have sorted out the mess left by the Brown/Blair years and if we all vote UKIP and give them a chance we may be better off!

I'm afraid each new government promises to wash your shirts whiter than the previous lot. However, they are usually the same old powder in a new, shiny box.

No doubt Cameron would like to be more Tory, and their are people in his party who have the instincts needed to bring some sanity back to the running of the UK. Trouble is, it's a coalition, and the Liberals wield more power than they really have the right to.

Also, don't forget that few politicians, especially the younger ones, want to make waves in Europe. They have in the back of their minds the thought that when the British public have seen through them, and realised they are useless, their next career step is ......you've guessed it................the European Parliament!

Nigel Farage for president!

Conservative or Labour - There seems to be little difference between them any more. They've become just very slightly different shades of the same color instead of being distinctly blue and red.

As far as I'm concerned, I will never vote for any party which does not have withdrawal from the EU as an absolute policy. The EU has become so invasive, and now controls this country so much and is continually trying to take over more and more, that in a few more years no government in Westminster will be able to do anything much except rubber-stamp orders from Brussels.

IMO, it's not really possible to sort anything out in our current electoral system - the proper decisions will alienate enough of the electorate to get you booted out after one term.
I've long held the belief (and someone else posted the same in another thread) of the benefit of a benevolent dictator - have a 25yr plan for the country, and work towards it. Retire at 55? Sure - but it'll cost you 35 yrs contributions at 50% income tax.
5yr terms just mean smoke and mirrors, and not upsetting so many people that you are denied a second crack at it.

Sponsored Links
Back