Sorting out someone elses mess.... Hot water going up vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive attached a couple of images of some pipework in the airing cupboard for a job ive just been asked about. Basically she had a boiler installed last december and shes had loads of problems, banging noises from boiler etc etc....

basically i think she has been ripped off. told she needed new rads, new cylinder new pump, motorised valves etc...

the woman seems confused and also scared of tradesman, which u can understand, i darent show u the electrics.

ive had a quick look but why would the water be venting out as its before the pump and the cold feed? 2nd pipe in from the right

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
What a horrible mess. I would be looking at the area round the tees where the cold feed and vent are connected just under the pump. I would suspect blockages in that area. Reconfigure the pipework by moving the feed and vent and pump position. The connections are correct but low down like that is not how I would do it.
The filter is only on the hot water circuit so what good is that? It needs to be on the return to the boiler or at least just after the pump before any motorised valve.

Thanks.
Shsll I cut thrm tees out then and start again? Why wud it go up vent pipr if blockef though? Flows through heating and cylinder ok? Return off cylinder is 15m
A gas man has put all this in!

That filter will be doing bugger all and reckon he just thought fuk it to much hassle to do it right she eill pay and never no

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back