Sound a fair price?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have requested a quote from our local plumber to fit 2 new radiators. The first is replacing an existing radiaor with a large one (a double 750mm x 1200mm radiator) the second (single 750mm x 1200mm) needs to be added to the system running pipe under the floor from upstairs, down the wall etc to its new location.

We have also requested 5 new TRV's be fitted. The quote was £620. The rads are priced at £150 for the double and £75 for the single. So the remainder of the cost is for the 5 TRV's pipe, valves and fitting. Is this expensive?

Sponsored Links
So 225+ 80ish if the best trvs+ 4 other valves and pipe and bits? Depending on how easy the rad swaps are, and how easy the add on is, and if the trvs will go on without tail cutting, and how long a piece of string is, I'd say it could have been a bit more.

In Scarborough.

£225 plus £30 fitted per trv (£150) and probably £250 for the long distance pipework and rads, without seeing the job.

So looks about right doesn't it, without seeing it?

We would have quoted:-

Drain and refill £60

New extra rad £300 ( Includes TRV )

Replace existing rad £275 ( Includes TRV )

5 TRvs @ £30 £150

That comes to £785 but thats in London and we are members of the IPHE which has a complaints procedure if you are unhappy with the quality of our work. It would also include a service check of the boiler and system.

Is your plumber a member of the IPHE ?

Tony

PS All prices quoted are fully inclusive.

Sponsored Links
Sounds fair enough then, thanks for all your replies. Going to look at getting someone I know to help me to the swap over on the one rad as that is fairly simple. If all goes well, we may not need the other one anyway.

Cheers all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back