Sound Proofing Behind Dot and Dab - Possible?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think this is a classic case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted but would appreciate any advice for a problem I have.

Have just recently pulled all the plaster off our living room walls back to brick and dot and dabbed wall boards. It is now skimmed, painted, radiators re-piped and mounted etc.

By removing the plaster off the party wall there is a lot of noise coming through from the neighbours. The old plaster must have been doing a fantastic acoustic job as I had never really heard them before. It never crossed my mind that we would need to make acoustic arrangements when we boarded the wall.

I am wondering if there is some kind of acoustic foam or similar product that we could inject behind the dot and dab boards (between them and the brick party wall) to afford some kind of acoustic barrier. I am guessing that an expanding foam will probably lift the boards off the dot and dab though.

I am aware this is a long shot and we will probably have to put up with it but thought I would ask here first.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Not even tipped over the bar either!! Well we have our second child due in a few weeks so perhaps we will be giving as good as we get...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back