Soundproofing - need ideas / advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post so hello all.

My problem is this. My neighbours boiler is really noisy and is keeping me awake at night and really doing my head in in the evening too (I can hear it over the TV - just). I live in a terraced house. Can I fill the cavity walls with anything to stop the dull whirring that has taken over my life?

Please help me as I'm going mad.

Cheers,

Dan

Sponsored Links
Can I fill the cavity walls with anything to stop the dull whirring that has taken over my life?

I doubt it would make much difference, a boiler whirring is quite a low frequency sound and thats very difficult to address, trouble is its seeping through the structure. You'd have to throw serious cash at it to make much of an impact. Do you have serious cash?

Talk to trading standards

I think you mean the local environmental health department eg http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/environmentandplanning/pollution/noise.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back