Sourcing Appropriate Fencing Nails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have bought some feather edge fence panels and need to make them smaller.

The nails used are round heads 38mm x 2.1 galvanised. Looking online, those are used in a nail gun and I don't have one.

Can someone please tell me the closest match I can get to this? I only need about 50 in total.

I couldn't find anything near these dimensions that was galvanised.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think you are over thinking this. Loose nails are low cost, high weight items which simply aren't worth selling on line (shipping charges would be through the roof). So go to a local ironmonger and ask for some 1-1/2in round head nails. Some things just aren't worth doing on the 'net.

Collated nails are a different issue to loose nails - they are a much higher cost (per unit item) but are worth using if you are a tradesman because the use of a nail gun reduces the labour content by more than the extra cost of the collated nails. Same goes for all tools using collated fasteners

Last edited by a moderator:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
50mm, 50 pack £3.99
50 nails for £4, or 8p a nail :eek: My local ironmonger (who still sells by weight, not in small pre-packs) would be green with envy at the ridiculously high price. Both the local builders merchants sell nail by the kilogram - at about £4 to £5 a kilo

Thanks for all your replies. We don't have an iron monger around here, I did check.

Fortunately, my neighbour returned from his holiday and he makes a living from putting up fencing. He gave me a 1kg bag of 40mm galvanised round wire nails from a company called Border Fencing in Bromsgrove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back