Soveriegn petrol mower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I've got a sovereign xss40a petrol mower, I've taken the carburetor out to clean it and i need a new part but I'm not sure if i can buy it separately or if i need a new carburetor so I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction, the part i need is the part that the primer pipe connects to on the carburetor, mines snapped but i don't know what its called, any help would be very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Hi Laura, this machine does indeed have a single rubber tube that connects the primer button to the carb......when you press the primer it shoots a jet of air into the carb which in turn causes fuel to squirt out of its jet for a cold start.
This tubing is readily available, look at the Garden hire Spares website (GHS Ltd) under carburettor parts etc and you'll see what you need.
Unfortunately I don't know the exact diameter but heating the end of the tubing in boiling water is enough for it to swell and stretch over the connectors......failing that they are very friendly over the phone.
Try not to stress the primer bulb when you remove the old tubing, often the end snaps off that too!
John :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi John thank you for your reply, i have the bulb and tube its just the piece that the pipe goes onto the other end that i need, its like a little L shape that goes on the carburetor

Right, so its the plastic elbow thats gone missing......Ive no idea where to get those. Have you anything that you could stick in the hole to allow you to connect the air tube?
Give is a picture if possible!
John :)

Hi, I have a sovreign xss40a petrol mower was reving then almost stalling, eventually wouldn't start, stripped carb cleaned out, also cleaned air filter starts great, tick over still surging then almost stalling, when I stripped it down I found a plastic part which was damaged it was from around the fly wheel area, think it is the governor vane but cannot find the part anywhere, it's about 6 inches long 2 pieces of plastic connected at each end

Sorry I can’t post links just now (in the south of France) but go to the GHS website and look for ‘governor blades’ and you may find what you need.
John

Have taken pics if part I need,
It fell out when I took top cover off, so it's from around the flywheel area, it runs sweet when I manually increase revs, but is hunting on tick over, hence why I think the part is some form of governor, but cannot find it anywhere, any ideas??

Attachments

• 20230901_190916.jpg
    20230901_190916.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20230901_190847.jpg
    20230901_190847.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 27
Unfortunately I don’t recognise that piece at all, but looking at the radius may indicate it’s part of the flywheel itself, which should be completely round with only a magnet fixed in one area.
I don’t think this is anything to do with the governor so your fault may be elsewhere.
Anyone else like to chip in?
John

Have a look on the crankcase carb side for a lever with a rod connected to the carb. If there is you can eliminate it as being governor related.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back