SpaceX

Sponsored Links
Looked impressive, was watching it to T-18 then they called it off. The space suits looked comical, compared to the gear they used to wear. Do we know when the next window is?

Sponsored Links
I was all ready, 2 pairs of binoculars and a telescope for the family (kids weren't interested:evil:), then it got jibbed.

Any ideas on what time the ISS will pass over Blighty on Saturday and, similarly, the chasing rocket?

I was all ready, 2 pairs of binoculars and a telescope for the family (kids weren't interested:evil:), then it got jibbed.

Any ideas on what time the ISS will pass over Blighty on Saturday and, similarly, the chasing rocket?
It's an earlier launch on Saturday, so probably won't be visible in the UK as it will still be daytime.

The next backup launch window (Sunday) also won't be visible.

Looked impressive, was watching it to T-18 then they called it off. The space suits looked comical, compared to the gear they used to wear. Do we know when the next window is?

I wouldn't consider the new suits commical, but different. We've all grown up with the michelin man type astronaut suits, but materials and technical solutions have come a long way in recent years. It would however, be interesting to see if the same suit is used for spacewalks.

I wouldn't consider the new suits commical, but different. We've all grown up with the michelin man type astronaut suits, but materials and technical solutions have come a long way in recent years. It would however, be interesting to see if the same suit is used for spacewalks.
They won't be. Those suits are for in vehicle use only. If you tried to use them outside a vehicle you'd be stuffed. I think they're only rated for partial pressure drops.
There haven't been any new EVA suits built this century iirc. although there's several different types in development.

Sponsored Links
Back