The right wingers moan about equality

Sponsored Links
I'm working in Barnet today and may take home some Sushi for the family dinner tonight. I will say..... and you may say I'm racist ...... but I would like to think it's a Japanese owned business with Japanese staff..... as I love my Sushi.

Sponsored Links
The British are generally bloody awful at pronouncing foreign names and place names (witness recent reporting from Ukraine) - and that's before you get into the whole race thing.

The British are generally bloody awful at pronouncing foreign names and place names (witness recent reporting from Ukraine) - and that's before you get into the whole race thing.

If fairness, that does not apply just to the british.
I've been to many countries and most have problems like our lot do.

I find that international business people, and those in tourist industries, and those with foreign friends, generally know the value of trying to learn how to pronounce people's names.

it gets easier with practice and effort.

We talk English, so the words should be pronounced in English, not some Frankenlanuage concoction. If Johnny foreigner does not understand, just say it louder and slower.

Like when all the news mention the Irish Taoseach and put 'Prime Minister' in brackets. Just say prime minister FFS. Or when people use foreign phrases for things like oh, I don't know what.

So, is it Luik or Liege, Ypres or Ieper? And do you not realise that the Brits are regarded by too many people in Europe as loud, drink, viloent and ignorant? Nice!

It’s also and education/intelligence thing. Like saying Rioja or jalapeño and sounding the ‘j’. It takes a small amount of effort to avoid being a thick t wat.

Lol. Builders of England, pronounce Rioja with a husky sounding "J". Then you are not thick. Keep em coming Einstein.

So, is it Luik or Liege, Ypres or Ieper? And do you not realise that the Brits are regarded by too many people in Europe as loud, drink, viloent and ignorant? Nice!

Some are so fukin thick that they can't spell drunk or violent. Then they often have the audacity to blame their keyboard or finger size.

All of the people I meet abroad especially the Dutch, speak English and make an effort to make themselves understood. We are, as a linguistic nation ignorant and rightly ridiculed for it.

Sponsored Links
Back