Speed of light beaten - time travel possible!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Monkeh said:
No, it's not. Look up, for example, Cherenkov radiation.

Cherenkov radiation occurs when a particle travels through a medium faster than the speed of light in that medium.

Example: you look down into water, things appear closer than they really are. boom.
Same as the mirrors on a Harley :idea: It must be cause that`s what`s printed on each mirror :mrgreen:

I don't understand this argument about the speed of light in a vacuum, through water, or through glass comes from, surely the E=mc2 means that it is relative. So I think people are missing the point. And nothing can go faster than light, RELATIVE, to the environment to which it is subjected to, hence Albert Einsteins theory of RELATIVE theory.

This theory, in essence, has been busted. Concentrate people. What is E=mc2 named? And what does the term relate to? Think.

I don't understand this argument about the speed of light in a vacuum, through water, or through glass comes from, surely the E=mc2 means that it is relative. So I think people are missing the point. And nothing can go faster than light, RELATIVE, to the environment to which it is subjected to, hence Albert Einsteins theory of RELATIVE theory.

This theory, in essence, has been busted. Concentrate people. What is E=mc2 named? And what does the term relate to? Think.
Personally my initial thoughts are that it's a calibration error and that relativity will still hold. But we await further investigation.

I agree with you - I don't understand the arguments about light in a vacuum or water or glass. Maybe I'm missing something but the Lorentz transformation deals with most of these aspects if memory serves me right.

So I think people are missing the point. And nothing can go faster than light, RELATIVE, to the environment to which it is subjected to

Wrong. Nothing can exceed the speed of light in a vacuum (constant, c). The speed of light through a medium is lower than the speed of light in a vacuum. It has been proven, for a long time, that particles can exceed the phase velocity of light in a medium.

While the results of this experiment may be consistent, as of yet it has not been independently verified, and we cannot treat it as such.

So I think people are missing the point. And nothing can go faster than light, RELATIVE, to the environment to which it is subjected to

Wrong. Nothing can exceed the speed of light in a vacuum (constant, c). The speed of light through a medium is lower than the speed of light in a vacuum. It has been proven, for a long time, that particles can exceed the phase velocity of light in a medium.
That's new to me - can you provide a link to some kind of source material to back that up? :confused:

That's new to me - can you provide a link to some kind of source material to back that up? :confused:

Go look at a nuclear reactor sometime. Cherenkov radiation.

Sponsored Links
Back