Speeding ticket!

Well, I have received a response from Lancs Constab. Must get the spelling right this time...

My query about measuring the distance travelled accurately has effectively been ignored.

All that has been said is that "the notice has been issued correctly".

I have been offered the chance to attend a speed awareness course, which I will accept, but I will still persue the accuracy query. I have not received a reply from the CC regarding the "adjustability" of Gatso's and other legal issues. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Toodle-pip!

Sponsored Links
Been on the speed awareness course today.

Load of Tosh!

They kept banging on about speed and its relationship with accidents. When I pointed out that speed cameras have not reduced casualties and in some areas they have actually increased, they were a bit gobsmacked.

They didn't believe it, but I challenged them to show me with statistics how speed cameras had reduced injuries and deaths at their sites. They couldn't.

I was annoyed that the practical session was effectively a driving test, judging all aspects of driving, not just those relating to speed.

One guy, a solicitor, walked out saying he would fight it in court. He was happy to have his driving judged speed-wise, but felt their "test" was unlawful. Wonder how he will get on??

Am still writing to the CC of Lancs Constab. They refuse to answer two of my questions - how have they measured the distance travelled from the image? , and why does their use of the speed camera/30 signs differ from that issued by the DfT?

Had a funny letter from the Chief of Ops in the Ticket Office who said in his last letter that it was pointless talking to me as I was obviously not going to believe anything he said!

All I want is a simple explanation of two things. How difficult could that be?

Am awaiting further communication.

securespark said:
I'd love to post the pics, but they are copyright CC of Lancs Constabulary.

Is that a problem? If you post them and they take action against you, they will have to take a civil action, and they will have to prove they suffered a financial loss (to be able to recover it) as a result of your publishing the pictures. If they were writing a book that would be one thing, but they couldn't do that without risking your taking an action under the data protection act, which with a bit of luck would be a criminal action.

The European Union's energy commissioner has called for a 100kph (62mph) speed limit to be adopted throughout Europe. Andris Piebalgs said roads in all 25 member states should be posted with a uniform limit to cut accidents and save fuel. His suggestion follows a recommendation by the International Energy Association in Paris and is seen as a quick way to cut energy consumption in response to depleted oil reserves.

That'll cause a few problems, most passenger aircraft today need much more than 100knots for take off.

Sponsored Links
do us all a favour and use them old tyres for a good cause better with a cuppla pints of go juice

we have had a few cams up here they lasted about 3 weeks before being barbied ( not the blonde )

if all else fails take the law into your own hands who else will look after your interests

we used to be lions led by sheep seems we are the sheep now and i cant see any lions leading us so is this democracy at its best baaaaaaaaaaa

Slogger said:
do us all a favour and use them old tyres for a good cause better with a cuppla pints of go juice

we have had a few cams up here they lasted about 3 weeks before being barbied ( not the blonde )

if all else fails take the law into your own hands who else will look after your interests

we used to be lions led by sheep seems we are the sheep now and i cant see any lions leading us so is this democracy at its best baaaaaaaaaaa
But lions normally go and do, not talk about it and hope someone else does the dirty work for them!

kendor said:
But lions normally go and do, not talk about it and hope someone else does the dirty work for them!

Don't lions get their womenfolk to do all the hunting and parenting etc while they just lie under a tree waiting for tea?

petewood said:
kendor said:

Don't lions get their womenfolk to do all the hunting and parenting etc while they just lie under a tree waiting for tea?
ah but your talking real lions the ones that don't talk like humans

oilman said:
That'll cause a few problems, most passenger aircraft today need much more than 100knots for take off.

Well, I make 100 girlometers per hour = 54 kts! I used to fly a glider with a stall speed around 30 knots so perhaps we will just have to use them to get everywhere :LOL:

I still think it would be impossible to persuade many other countries to rigidly enforce their speed limits. France and Germany possibly (apparently it is getting very risky to speed around the Paris ringroad, big fines and bans being dished out). But seeing as in Italy the 150kph speed limit is seldom obeyed, I doubt they would be going for a 100kph one!

The TGV might be a little immasculated by a 100kph speed limit too ;)

up each other ***** the pair of u ***** ***** **** ******* ******

I fear the new naughty word detector has reduced poor slogger to utter unintelligibility.

Sponsored Links
Back