Speeding

• Thread starter RogueHanger
  • Start date
What a good idea,,, Perhaps I could use this as part of my campaign material

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27284489
Enjoy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's good to see big business (The CBI)challenged on what they think is good for big business .

You could also spin the same the figures as saying - EU membership has sustained trade to maintain pre EEC levels. Because the landscape has changed since then- if we opted out, it would not be back into the same situation where no bloc of similar size existed.

Also the CBI are a bit more transparent than Civitas in terms of vested interests - apart from the Sun there are lots of anonymous donors.

Sponsored Links
What a good idea,,, Perhaps I could use this as part of my campaign material

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27284489
Enjoy. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

FYI, the report that you referred to was produced by Civitas, which was founded by David Green who used to be a labour councillor. ?

The full article is here.

www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/insideradvantage.pdf[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but I knew.
The BBC article links to it and I think it's available on their publications page.

How did the subject flip so quickly :confused: (Only on DIYnot could you start a thread on, say, Nuclear Fission and it gets onto the merits of drinking your own urine).

I AM interested in the speeding bull sh1te and it probably has been done to death. But it does beg the question when the majority of people do something unlawful, (oh yes you too!), then it ought to be scrutinised...

Time to change the title Rogue...? ;)

Sponsored Links
How did the subject flip so quickly :confused: (Only on DIYnot could you start a thread on, say, Nuclear Fission and it gets onto the merits of drinking your own urine).

I AM interested in the speeding bull sh1te and it probably has been done to death. But it does beg the question when the majority of people do something unlawful, (oh yes you too!), then it ought to be scrutinised...

Me too.

Yes, I regularly speed when conditions are suitable. On the motorway, for example, around 80mph feels about right. I do, of course, slow down - temporarily - when approaching a speed camera. In fact, it poses the question of what use are speed cameras other than to raise revenues? Yes, most people drive at the speed limit at that immediate location, but then speed up again beyond, so what's the point?

Interestingly, I believe that there is no maximum speed limit on many of the rural autobahns and in my (admittedly limited) experience people there seem to possess the common sense to drive safely.

I agree that driving at excessively high speeds is dangerous, especially in bad weather conditions, but so is changing lanes without looking/signalling, pulling out of side streets in front of oncoming traffic, tailgating, texting whilst driving, and other such things.

So you do what I do and every GOOD driver does; drive to the conditions. That's laudable; or so you would think. :rolleyes:

Not good enough!!!

Just obay the 'dumb' sign! It knows more than us... :rolleyes:

We need positive speed limits. Because if you stick a + in front of anything these days it makes it good, don't you know... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

We need positive speed limits. Because if you stick a + in front of anything these days it makes it good, don't you know... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

;)
There's a slight problem with the title, though, BT.
I could use "Speeding, Nuclear Fusion, Positive Discrimination, UKIP, EU, Let's all insult one another and try to outdo others' claims, Drinking your own urine, etc, etc" but there's about a 50 limit on the number of characters that shows on the title.
I'd have to change the title to "Anything and Everything" ;)

Ah, right. :D

I'd have to change the title to "Anything and Everything" ;)
I like the sound of that! :)

You remind me of a wonderful piece of written work called "All about everything". It's quite long winded, as you'd imagine, but for us bookworms it's good mental Pabulum. (Maybe you're the author ;) )

On the case....

Excellent well-written article. I like it but haven't time to read it all now, so I copied it - all of it - and saved it as a Word document. It comes to 20 pages! (That's more than any of RH's long-winded prattlings and much more meaningful.)

Yes, I hadn't read it myself for yonks. Still a very good read.

The bit on propaganda and in particular half - truths Reminded me of, (dare I say it,) positive things. :rolleyes:

But let's not go there again :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back