Spirit level for electricians case

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own several Stanley Fat Max Levels in larger sizes but after one I can keep in the electricians case.

I am a DIYer and likely to use it for setting out the metal and plastic socket boxes along with straightening sockets/switches when screwing back.

I’d appreciate your advice on this. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I find the Stabila 81SREM 250mm/10in torpedo level is a better level than the Stanley FatMax 0-43-609 10in/250mm torpedo level. Both have cast aluminium bodies (much more durable that extrusions) and are magnetic (rare earth magnets in the base) making them handy for shorter RSJs , steel kitchen item like fridges, metal framing, etc but whilst the Stanley has a v-groove in the bottom (to fit onto pipes, scaffolding tubes, etc.), I find the Stabila is generally a bit more accurate. I still have the Stanley, but one day I intend to get the Stabila

Either way both are good quality, durable tools

Sponsored Links
Well, being cast ally they are both pretty durable - I find the extruded ally torpedo levels a bit fragile in site use. The Stanley is a good level and is what I currently use - I just find the Stabila has a more sensitive vial and for my purposes is more accurate, although there really isn't a lot in it. Maybe I'm just being picky, and I will also admit to be going through the process of replacing my other levels with Stabila R types do it would be nice to be consistent (it just OCD!). After all the Stanley has served me well for 5 or 6 years now

Thanks all. I brought the Stanley level from Toolstation. Seems well built!

One I don't recommend. Poxy end caps, you can't line it up with anything.

61UMETiKVzL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back