Spirovent query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a Spirovent and Spirotrap installed on my boiler.

On the Spirovent (I think it is model number UA022W), the installer left a little plastic screw in the vent hole. However, I have been getting air collecting in one of the radiators and I’m wondering whether the screw is meant to be there in the Spirovent? Or is it preventing it from working?

I’ve looked at the installation instructions and they seem to show that the screw is used when pressure testing the unit but is removed for normal use. Is this correct? Just wanted to check before removing the screw in case it causes a leak.

Sponsored Links
I never fitted the screw in my spirovent and it works fine. It has got every bit of air out of the system and the pump is running quieter than I’ve ever heard a pump run. Not a drop of air running round the system and no more air collecting in the radiator like it used to. I think I read somewhere that it can be fitted but only loosely but I’ve never bothered.

I never fitted the screw in my spirovent and it works fine. It has got every bit of air out of the system and the pump is running quieter than I’ve ever heard a pump run. Not a drop of air running round the system and no more air collecting in the radiator like it used to. I think I read somewhere that it can be fitted but only loosely but I’ve never bothered.

Ok, thanks. Maybe I just need to check the screw is loose. Will check when I get home this evening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back