spitting hot tap

S

snadge

ive fitted, sealed and plumbed in the sink on our current kitchen fit and all is well (so far) but the hot water 'spits' out and splashes everywhere - the cold is a nice smooth flow on all speed/pressure but hot only flows smoothly on low pressure... if i turn it up it goes everywhere - its not the usualy hot spit where its cutting out intermittently - its just coming out all over...

can this be rectified?

edit: it not SPITTING like it does when air is in - it just goes all messy and splashes everywhere - whereas cold is nice smooth flow (as is hot on low pressure)
the tap carrys the cold water so it comes out of small holes all around the end of the tap - the hot comes out of a big hole in center, the hot water comes from boiler - can i turn the pump up on it? (Ideal Isar HE30) the hot water is the same upstairs and also slower - infact all hot taps seem to be 'messy' - i just turned off the water supply and boiler to plumb it in

the pipes going into the tap/faucet taper into smaller gauge - ive also got braided steel flexi hose on them too from the pipes to the taps pipe

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it fed from a cylinder, perhaps you have a lot of air to shift.

Exactly. I am sure that you have air in your pipes because you said that only hot water is spitting all over. This situation can be resolved only when you know some plumbing. If not sure how to do this, its better to go for a plumber. Meanwhile, do some research on net and get the things in your mind about it.

Sponsored Links
how long did you run the tap for, how/where did you isolate the hot water, have you tryed the other hot taps in the house?

it not SPITTING like it does when air is in - it just goes all messy and splashes everywhere - whereas cold is nice smooth flow (as is hot on low pressure)

the tap carrys the cold water so it comes out of small holes all around the end of the tap - the hot comes out of a big hole in center, the hot water comes from boiler - can i turn the pump up on it? (Ideal Isar HE30) the hot water is the same upstairs and also slower - infact all hot taps seem to be 'messy' - i just turned off the water supply and boiler to plumb it in

the pipes going into the tap/faucet taper into smaller gauge - ive also got braided steel flexi hose on them too from the pipes to the taps pipe

thanks

Slight thread hijack, although it might be related. What are the symptoms of a duff pressure vessel on a sealed hot water system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back