Split cable sleeves available?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Is cable sleeving available which is split down the length of the sleeve? I have tried searching for it but have only come across the spirally type. Isn't there any plain smooth sleeving that comes already split?

It is to be used as edging on a circular cardboard shape for decorative purposes and not for cables or electrical use, so it does not need to meet any safety requirements, etc. For this reason, it doesn't have to be 'cable sleeving', anything similar which would serve the same purpose would be suffice.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Look at some of the kit car and car restoration companies, they often do something like you want to edge panels

first google hit gave this

J

Thanks Jasonb. That may be exactly what I am looking for! I had searched for 'edging' but didn't quite know how to narrow it down to the kind of thing I wanted. Kept getting results like lawn edging, etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, OwainDIYer. Another suggestion that would be suitable!

Hi All.

I have taken a look at some trim for motorbike windscreens at Halford's but it was way too tough. I think any actual 'edging' is going to be either too bulky/heavy or not flexible enough.

I have gone back to trying to search for the split cable sleeving that I had found but just cannot remember which website it was on. I usually save the URL but cannot find it on my pc anywhere. I can't remember what the sleeving was actually called and have entered various terms in the search engine, but just cannot find it again.

I think I need just plain/smooth, black, circular sleeving, maybe 4mm/5mm/6mm, without any writing on it, which has already been split as my efforts to split it may not turn out as neat!

Thanks.

Hi MrTinker. Thanks for your suggestion. It must be smooth (no coils, ridges, etc).

Ah sorry mate, I didn't read your first post properly :oops: Your after something more like this.
Edge trim

Edit: I know this isn't exactly what you are after, but it'll give you an idea of what to search for.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thats going to need a thick bit of cardboard if the overall is 17mm, read the first post again.

The gromitt strip mentioned above is very flexible and will bend to a tight radius.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back