Source for 8mm Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow Sleeving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I must be looking in the wrong places, but I can't find a source for Brown, Blue and Gn/Ye sleeving in a size suitable for 10mm insulated cable. The insulation is just over 6mm outside diameter, and it appears that sleeving is sized on O/D, so 6mm sleeving won't fit. I only need a couple of feet of each, so don't want 100m reels. Would prefer not to use heat shrink (which I can't find in Gn/Ye in any case). Really don't want to have to resort to wrapping in PVC tape of the appropriate colours.

It's not available from the suppliers I've used for electrical bits in the past (Light Up UK, Discount Electrical, TLC).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony S

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is the sleeving for identification purposes?
Yes, that's correct thanks.
I once purchased some earth sleeving from Edmundsons, that would easily over sleeve 6mm insulated cores. It was a couple of years ago though.
If it is for ID purposes, I would settle for the electricians tape to ID at terminals.

SWA also do heat shrink mixed packs of brown black grey blue and earth aprox 3 lengths of each about 300mm long , in various sizes up to about 20mm pre shrink diameter , 2:1 ratio, round here most wholesalers stock it

Is the sleeving for identification purposes?
Yes, that's correct thanks.
I don't think that anyone has yet asked why you feel that you want/need to over-sleeve the conductors.

Kind Regards, John
It's for identification, as PrenticeBoyofDerry guessed earlier on. The cable as supplied is Brown, Black, Grey. For consistency I'd rather all three were marked in the same way, although Brown is already correct.

Can't help with short lengths.

http://www.swaonline.co.uk/heatshrink-insulation-sleeving/pvc-sleeving/pvc-sleeving

You could start a short length supply.
Trade only I think?
Generally I think that people selling something view everybody's money as equally valuable.
If you think they're a possibility I'll drop them a line, see if they'll deal on a cash basis. I suppose what I really meant was they seem to want to deal only with existing account holders.

It's for identification, as PrenticeBoyofDerry guessed earlier on. The cable as supplied is Brown, Black, Grey. For consistency I'd rather all three were marked in the same way, although Brown is already correct.
Ah, I see. I wasn't thinking of 3-core (I presume probably SWA) but, rather, of red/black T+E.

If it were me, and if I didn't have an appropriate size of sleeving to hand, I would probably use heatshrink. It's obviously widely available in short lengths of a wide range of sizes and, despite what you said, is readily available in G/Y as well as brown and blue (and countless other colours) - as a quick search of eBay will indicate - for example, click here.

Kind Regards, John

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
6mm sleeving won't fit.
It might if you soften it in hot water and lubricate the cable.

A bit of a faff, and not practical if you needed to do it on a regular basis, but as a one-off, particularly if you've already got some 6mm sleeving, it's definitely worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back