Split concentric

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from Plugwash's post in the 'Loft Electrics thread, how do you terminate split concentric cable? I've never even seen it!

(Aplogies if this is a stupid question!)

Oh yeh, and when is it appropriate to use this cable?
Also having looked at the pictures on the TLC website, are the conductors all the same cross sectional area? or is there a smaller specific core for cpc?

Sponsored Links
As far as i know, you just heatshrink the neutral and earths - gather the cores together first, and then terminate it wherever. Never done it myself though. It is hard to imagine.

Someone posted a very good picture on here i think a while ago, showing the mains intake for about 9 flats, fed with concentric. That would be handy right now, unless it was lost with darkernet.

as others have said just treat it like T&E and use a compression gland if you wan't restraint or waterproofing.

i wasn't aware TLC sold split concentric.

as for where it's appropriate to use it, its ideal for such jobs as outside the zones burried in plaster or clipped to outside walls. In principle you can bury it or run it in ducts but its a little vulnerable to picking up N-E faults if roughly treated (DNOs tend to use it this way but then they don't seem to care about N-E faults).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back