split post: biasi boiler

I've had the shuddering on the gianoni heat ex when the gas valve was faulty. The lockout was ignition, but the true fault was gas valve. After fitting a new gas valve no more problems. In this instance the gas supply pipework was exemplary as it was one of the neatest and best practice installers in York. he's a nice guy too, if he rings me with a breakdown I go straight round whenever possible, I wouldn't want him to go away and fit Vaillants or something.

Yes, it was fine 49 times out of 50 but ignition lockout just one in a while. Was all set up perfect. Luckily it failed for me, there was that shuddering and failure to flame prove, though there was a flame it was poor.

Sponsored Links
As Fred used to say "Did you like that?" Dave.
Good job we can have a bit of fun.

Sponsored Links
I've no problems with your Alphas either.

I like to see things are not taken too seriously all the time ;)

10 days on, problem seems to have gone away.

I hate the fact that I don't know which thing caused it - gas governor or Protex?

Irrespective of that - it is fine now. Which is a good thing.

Thanks to all the kind and tenacious assistance.

And what was the result of the FGA measurement on the 8th May???

But its good that the problem has ceased for the moment.

Tony

Thats the wrong way round for the two measurements. You normally have to put the minimum at 8.8% to get the full power to be around 9.6%.

Have you looked down the inner of the flue from the outside with a torch to make sure that you cannot see any black rubber seal out of place???

Tony

I can see the seal is fine when the inner casing is removed.

The boiler runs slightly leaner as the power increases. It seems. We increased the CO2 at the bottom end and it increased by a similar margin at the top end. And then set it back. Sometimes the high power setting went up to 9.3% - I think our gas supply is "variably calorific" as NG told me.

it could be the inlet pressure at the low end is higher then it is at the high end. biasi say you must have a stable gas pressure though out the boiler output range.

Have you looked down the inner of the flue from the outside with a torch to make sure that you cannot see any black rubber seal out of place???

Mehran, I have asked the question before about what the pressure at the inlet is on full power compared with the pressure at the meter but I dont remember getting any reply. All RGIs should know that the pressure loss in the pipework must be less than 1 mB at full power. Few get it correct though.

Tony

Such a piece of cake to take apart - did that and checked it - perfect.

Matey popped back and re-did the FG analysis with new probe and re-cal - 8.8% at low end, 9.2% at high end. Inlet pressure 20.5 at low end, 19.5 at full pelt. Checked it all twice, half hour apart.

There is a 1mB drop between the meter and the boiler inlet at full power.

No noise, seems fine.

Happy days

Opel Fruit said:
Such a piece of cake to take apart - did that and checked it - perfect.

Matey popped back and re-did the FG analysis with new probe and re-cal - 8.8% at low end, 9.2% at high end. Inlet pressure 20.5 at low end, 19.5 at full pelt. Checked it all twice, half hour apart.

There is a 1mB drop between the meter and the boiler inlet at full power.

No noise, seems fine.

Happy days

You should only have looked, not have taken it apart! Now we dont know what the situation was at the beginning.

I always expected the inner flue seal was faulty.

Now apparently after reassembling it your CO² percentages are spot on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And no noise !!!!!!!!!!!

Now what do YOU think has made that vast change ???

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back