Split tails using t+e and heat shrink with photo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 50265This is in a top floor flat, they had Wicks into fit the Kitchen and the electrician fitted a dedicated CU for the new work, lets play spot the codes.
Oh he did not register the job despite at the time being a member of NICIEC and on the EIC he left a blank space where is says Supply Conductor CSA[/img]

Sponsored Links
That 6milli feeding the "CU"?

That is no moe than an enclosure with mismatched accessories in it...

IP breaches, that tape on the fuse carrier is awful, no cover for the Wylex unit. Single insulation looks like it's visible.

Urgghhhh!

Should be put against a wall and shot.

Yes the customer called the NICIEC and have started their complaints procedure - they are sending a form. Also Wickes; when we called them, were not at all surprised and said that they have had a lot of complaints about this guys work, which begs the question WTF did they not contact ALL of the people he has done work for on their behalf and send out an electrical inspector to check that no one was going to burn down and that all of the jobs have been registered with the BCO. I am planning to attend site when Mr Wickes comes to take a look. The customers are couple who are very savy and I don't think that they will let this rest. The property is currently being sold and the other sides solicitor wants a completion certificate on the kitchen..........

Sponsored Links
I have been called back today to examine the remedial works and to put an EICR that says satisfactory on it. I have a little trouble doing it.

The "new" electrician when ask for a certificate for his work, told the customer that my EICR would cover his remedial work

Does any one want to see a photo of the above instal after his remedial work? :D

no. because it may trump mine. my customer had wickes out and the electrician split the tails from a henly block with 10mm twin and earth and into a switch fuse rated at 80A. the incoming supply was a 60 Amp and the sheath was removed 100mm as it entered the henly and switch fuse. when i find photo, will post

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back