spot lights/ceiling lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya everyone :D

I have a 2 bulb spotlight (the small hallogene ones) ceiling light with motion detector. I was wondering if it could be fitted with a plug with a 13amp fuse and operated that way instead of through the lighting circuit?

Technical information:-

Article No 3252/022L
Operating voltage 230-240V - 50Hz
Bulb 230 -240V, 50W, GU10
Rated Max Power 2 x 50W
Protection Class 1

If anyone could advise me i would be very grateful. My dad used to do all this for me, unfortunatley he is no longer with us and i'm reasonably useless at this kind of stuff. But i can wire a plug! :LOL:

Sorry forgot to mention that I will be using these spotlights above a dartboard.

Thanks for reading this.

Cath

Sponsored Links
Yes, provided you use flex (not cable) and a 3A fuse in the plug, and the flex is properly secured in the light fitting so it won't pull out of the terminals.

Sorry forgot to mention that I will be using these spotlights above a dartboard.

You don't want the flex cable anywhere near the dart board though - unless you can guarantee treble twenty every time - otherwise you might hit 230 ;)

Don't panic i'll make sure the flex is well hidden. I'll be putting the lights above the dartboard and the flex up and along the top of the wall well out of reach of the darts. As for the treble 20's I ain't that good hehe

Thanks anyway

Cath

Sponsored Links
The home team wear thermal insulating clothes so the lights do not come on.

Then only when the away team come to throw does the light come on and dazzle the thrower. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back