Spot lights in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how many downlighters can I have running from one pull switch in the bathroom . They will have 40w Gu10 bulbs. And can they be run off normal lighting cable.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your pull cord switch will be rated at about 10A.
So (10x230)/40.
But you will be restricted by the current rating of the existing circuit and the the rest of the load on that circuit.
The circuit can be normal lighting cable if you mean 1.00mm or 1.5mm twin and earth.
You may have issues with the final connection at the fittings, due to heat dissipation from the lamp and heat resistant cable/flex may be required.
This will depend on how the jointing box of the fitting is positioned.

As many as the particular switch is rated for... for a non-dimmer switch, up to about 40 at 40watts each.

Normal lighting cable is fine. Are you using bathroom rated fittings?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me how many downlighters can I have running from one pull switch in the bathroom .
That will depend on what the council says about Part L (from the POV of lighting efficiency) when you apply for permission to install them.

Don't forget you may well also have to address compliance with some or all of Part B, Part C, Part E, Part L (regarding thermal insulation) and Part P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back