Spot the error (Piccy)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may be a tad hard to spot. We'll see...

1386871201.jpg

Outside lighting control on a shop unit.

The white flex dropping down vertically on the left is from the DB, taken from an existing lighting MCB.

The right hand switch in the dual box is 'meant' to be the main isolation for the outside lights.

The right hand of the dual box (two gang switch) switches the front lights and the back lights. The timer is wired in between the switches.

The main isolator does not isolate as it should!

I turned off the main isolator, turned off the time clock, and turned off both switches on the two gang switch. The lights were off, but still very much live...

How? Nothing spurious, everything is in the pic!

Sponsored Links
Reversed polarity at the consumer unit, AND faulty double pole switch, breaking only one pole?

the 20A DP switch ! That switch is should be wired across the connections LL NN

KA

Sponsored Links
Terminals look too small for it to be a 20A DP, so must be an intermediate :eek:

There really are some muppets about :rolleyes:

It's an intermediate.
That's what I reckon too - and I decided that before reading any suggestions.
So when "Off" it merely switches L & N so when the timer and/or light switches are off, it is the neutral (now on the brown wire) that's disconnected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back