Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you spot it?

FE25E4A8-BBD8-4BF8-BA6C-3629D9D4DC4D-21685-000014B9D360AD7A_zps7fd640e3.jpg

4AE5243E-3E94-49CE-A68F-C43F3EAA51CB-21685-000014B9DEC3D4D3_zpsa0d9c6d3.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can you spot it?
Like all the browns going into the neutral bar and all the blues into the MCBs, you mean? :)

... not to mention all that exposed copper (are all the blues actually making contact with the MCB terminals, and the black incoming feed actually attached to the RCD terminal?!), unsleeved CPCs and a blue with bare end floating about in the breeze!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Called out after someone got a shock off a cooker to find this :eek:

It appears to have had an old metalclad DB removed, but reusing the the SWA feed. It's still glanded off behind the new CU, but not connected to :eek:

Found the majority of the installation to be reverse polarity, with several open live joints.

Think this has topped the table for the worst installation I've ever seen in my many years...

RF, what did you do about it? If the customer doesn't want every thing sorted out (which by the sounds of it could be a lot of work) what can you do!? Apart from refuse to do anything at all and just leave! :confused:
This is where we should really have the power to isolate and lock off, like a gas engineer could.

RF, what did you do about it? If the customer doesn't want every thing sorted out (which by the sounds of it could be a lot of work) what can you do!? Apart from refuse to do anything at all and just leave! :confused:
Would it really be all that much work to get it at least 'safe'. Swapping all the blues and browns, sheathing the CPCs and tidying up the terminations would not take very long, nor, I imagine would getting a proper earth feed (from the SWA armour - is that what RF meant - or elsewhere).

Kind Regards, John

We have left them with 3 working sockets, a couple of lights and a lot of thinking to do. :LOL:

The wiring was done by the tennants "electrician". We work for the landlord who met us on site and quite rightly was far from impressed.

John, every joint and accessory throughout this part of the building is in a similar state to the CU.

Unfortunately I didn't get other pictures as it was late and I was getting hungry :LOL: I will do next time I'm there.

Scary! At least they labeled the cables and in English, or was that you? Why didn't they get the tennents sparky back in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back