Spotlight bulb - replacing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with advice on changing bulb in light fitting like this? Bulb is behind a sheet of glass. No obvious clips or anything

Attachments

• 1590331727562887388471966932149.jpg
    1590331727562887388471966932149.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 371
Sponsored Links
look like the surface kitchen cupboard fitting that has a capsule lamp. If you get a small bladed driver and slot it inside the little gap between the rims you should be able to pop it out and get access to the lamp.

Thanks for the suggestion. Have tried but it does not release, just ends up scratching the rim. Any other suggestions gratefully received

I've got bulbs similar to that. I'm sure that the lamps came with a sucker to remove the bulbs but you have to push them in and twist them, iirc.

Sponsored Links
It's probably an integrated spotlight. The bulb is built in and none replaceable. If so you'll have to replace the whole unit.

I reckon Delmel is correct, what you have is one of these
The glass cover comes off easily once you get the two parts separated.

Last edited:
can you post a link to such a "disposable" light system...or were you just wanting to illicit response for a laugh?

Eh?

Did you mean elicit?

How was I being elicit?

You have integrated downlights which have built in bulbs none replaceable when the bulb goes the full fitting has to be replaced.

I queried this may have been one of those thus why the bulb could not be removed?

Surprisingly they're called integrated downlights, have a Google, there's your link

What was the purpose of your post again?

Last edited:
There has to be some way of getting the cover off as I can‘t see any fixing screws! Have you tried twisting the trim counter-clockwise?

Once the trim is off you should be able to see whether the light has integrated LEDs or a replaceable bulb, e.g. G4 halogen or compact fluorescent.

I reckon Delmel is correct, what you have is one of these
The glass cover comes off easily once you get the two parts separated.
I am pretty sure I am correct as I have one fitted in my own kitchen, unless he has an odd one the front will definately come off and reveal the capsule lamp which is easily changed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back