Spring clips for trade cases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure many of you are familiar with those screw and component storage cases that you can by from Screwfix (and elsewhere), but which are manufactured by System cases UK (see www.systemcases.co.uk). Well, I dropped one of mine the other day, and despite the safety lock button, I ended up with various assorted fixings all over the floor.

Well, the clips on these cases have convenient little holes through which you can insert a spring clip to prevent the catch from opening. Does anyone know where I might acquire a supply of suitable spring clips? Surprisingly (or possibly not so surprisingly), System Cases themselves can't help, or recommend a supplier.

Anyone out there used these spring clips?

Sponsored Links
I've dropped one of mine as well; the safety catch can't be relied on. You can get a box of 'R' clips from MachineMart
I don't know if the sizes are suitable but it's the right sort of clip. Expensive if you don't need them all but saves a couple of hours sorting?

Mussaysnudge, I've seen kits like this available from all sorts of suppliers, but as you say, expensive when you only want a few of the smaller size. I'm going to research a couple of likely local suppliers and will report back accordingly.

I recently saw small packs of R clips in an indespension trailer centre,
they use them to hold light boards on trailers.

Sponsored Links
Indeed yes, well spotted, but the clips for Trade Case type storage must be 2mm dia max, otherwise they won't go through the little holes. We've got a couple of yacht chandlers near here, too, so I'll try those as well.

MurraySnudge, how do you find these things? :eek:
They look perfect, but I've asked them for a free sample to try.

I was looking for 'R' clips and knew that rally cars used them but found the 'nappy pins' by accident. If you get the samples please let us know if they're any good. As I've said, I've had one accident.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back