Spur from ringmain into summer house (again!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Fella's,

I'm taking of taking a spur from the ring main into my summer house. The CU is RCD protected, new build house. The summer house is, via my living room wall, about 5 meters from the house. Here's what I plan on running (I know the spur will only be 13A!).

T.V
Computer
Small Heater (under 1KW).

The above wouldn't be on all the time, just a few hours a day.

I was thinking 4mm SWA from RCD junction box spurred from ring main socket in lounge. Under ground into summer-house (5-6 meters) into two double sockets.

Obviously I wont be doing the work myself, I'm not qualified too. What if I lay the cable, buy the bits and pay a sparky to fit the ends up + give me a certificate.

Sound feasable?

Sponsored Links
ask the sparky what he would like to do, and to give you a price. MAterials aint going to be much so probably less hassle if he gets it all, cause you are bound to not have all the parts he needs. If the ring is already on rcd then just a fused spur from ring, 2.5 swa out to the 2 double sockets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back