Spur off radial fcu

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, currently i have a 32a mcb (protected by the rcd on the cu) feeding a 13a fcu which is in my kitchen, which then goes to a swa cable which runs down my garden to my garage, the circuit is a radial circuit and the garage is the only thing on the circuit (so far), can i spur off this fcu (feed side or output side?) to another 3a/13a fcu and run an outside security light off that (500w pir)? the cable i have to do it is H055VV-F 3G 1.5mm flex and the recommended cable in the light instructions is H055RN-F 3G 1.0mm

is this the best way to do it?

Sponsored Links
please clarify your question..

are you asking if you can put a spur in the garage and feed the light from that?

or is the light to be on the house?

in short, yes.. you can put the FCU on the LOAD side of the other FCU.. but not the FEED side as this is then a spur from a spur..

if this work involves work in the kitchen then part P means you have to notify the LABC before doing any work.. or use a part P registered sparky..

what i want to do is take a feed off the fcu to power the security light via another 3a switched fcu in the kitchen before it goes to the garage rcd. the garage circuit is radial

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back