SPURS/FUSED SPURS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Just a query please. Can someone please put my understanding right if they dont mind
1/ a spur can only be taken off a socket that is not already a spur and can only be a maximum of a double socket.
2. a fused spur can be taken from any socket(even if that socket is a spur itself) and the number of sockets from fused spur is unlimited.
Hope i havent confused anyone its just something id like to be clear with in my mind.
If the above is all wrong can someone please let me know thecorrect format etc
many thanks

Sponsored Links
novascotia said:
1/ a spur can only be taken off a socket that is not already a spur and can only be a maximum of a double socket.
correct they used to allow two seperate single sockets on a spur but people replaced them with doubles

novascotia said:
2. a fused spur can be taken from any socket(even if that socket is a spur itself) and the number of sockets from fused spur is unlimited.
not quite right you can use a socket that is itself a spur but you must inser thte fused connection unit BEFORE the original spur socket

bad: socket on ring----existing spur socket----FCU----new sockets
good: socket on ring--FCU--existing spur socket--------new sockets

thanks for the reply, so am i right to assume that you could remove the spur socket- add the FCU in its place then have unlimited sockets after it??

Sponsored Links
yes though you can only draw 13A total from them or you will blow the fuse

this may or may not be a problem depending on what you intend to use the sockets for

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back