Is this allowed (spur)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am on with doing my kitchen up at the moment and was wondering if this is allowed:

I want to run a spur from a nearby socket (which is not on a spur itself).
to a fused spur.

Can i then run a spur off the new fused spur to a new double socket.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Yep nothing wrong with that as long as at least 2.5mm square - 13 amp protection

scatmanjohn said:
I am on with doing my kitchen up at the moment and was wondering if this is allowed:

to a fused spur.

Thanks for any help
im thinking of doing same but the fused spur is white and i cant get a color matched spur [brushed steel] can i attched it to a box and keep it hidden under new flooring or anyone got ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Chivers7 said:
Yep nothing wrong with that as long as at least 2.5mm square - 13 amp protection

I like to challenge what people consider acceptable & not acceptable - For short runs, you could use 1.0 t&e. It is rated in excess of 13A, provided it is installed to Method 1, and there are no other factors involved.

but personally i do find it better if everyone kept to the same sized cable. saves poking about looking for clipping methods and factors to justfy it

gg1a said:
scatmanjohn said:

to a fused spur.

Thanks for any help
im thinking of doing same but the fused spur is white and i cant get a color matched spur [brushed steel] can i attched it to a box and keep it hidden under new flooring or anyone got ideas ?

1. Do not hijack posts

2.Brushed steel spur

3. No. You can't go hiding stuff under floors, as this will not be accesible for testing and inspection purposes, and will be a right royal PITA if the fuse goes, and no one knows the FCU even exists.[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back