Square D loadline 60947-2 Max Zs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advse me on the max Zs for a triple pole 32A Square D Loadline 60947-2 MCCB

I have seen some earlier posts from 2008 but the Zs is not given. Last resort I will have to ring Schnieder..... :unsure:

Sponsored Links
Not really a DIY query....but something in the back of my head says

"The characteristics of moulded case circuit breakers (MCCB) complying with BS EN 60947-2 must be obtained from the relevant manufacturer and the setting of any adjustable characteristics on the device taken into account."

So a call to the dreaded Dorman Smith may be in order.

You may find the info HERE or HERE

TTC is 100% correct...

Assuming you mean dorman smith loadline, then you should be aware that there were several different versions of the loadline.

I assume its not A frame, as most of these (but not all) predate the renard series ratings (6, 16, 32) and use the british imperial ratings instead (5, 15, 30). Also assuming that its not a new build, or a recent build (correct?) then its unlikely to be one of the YA_ frame types, then Guessing you mean AA frame.... in which case it should say AA frame on it.

If you confirm which varient you have then I have collated a large amount of dorman smith data as I come across their older switchgear quite often

Sponsored Links
My second link (above) gives Zs values for the more common Y frame types.

But I would still confirm it with SqD

It looks like the Im (current causing operation of the magnetic trip) is marked on it in a circle on the trip unit, unfortunatly the picture is too out of focus for me to work out what it says.

Be aware there is I think a +/- tolerance of 20% on the Im values*, so it would pay to work out the uper bound of the range before dviding 230 by the IM

*Can someone confirm?

Got it! see link below, page 24 for Zs info on Square D I line 60947-2 MCCB's.

http://www.bizflips.com/library/pdf/Schneider/square_d/SQD5259_I-Line.pdf

According to this I have the CD range MCCB which is a COAE34032 which is the SFA range. The table on Page 24 gives a Max Zs of 1.12 @ 5 secs.

Would you agree Adam 151 & TTC??

I hope this is useful to others and thanks to you all for your input. :)

Hmmm.... Typo it is CDAE34032. So it is not an SFA MCCB as that is single pole? :oops:

Do I interpret the 'C' in the table as all ranges beginning with 'C', so 'CD' is 'C'? :confused:

If so then its 1.33 for 5 sec ???

I've added your link to the DIYnot wiki so it's there for future reference should anyone else need it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back