In a bit of a PIR pickle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having some difficulty completing my PIR paperwork. I need information on the max ZS permitted by BS7671 for several protective devices. I have hunted on the net with little success. I will give you as much info as I have

1. square D thermal-magnetic circuit breaker 100amp SFA3100. IEC 157-1 (does this equate to a BS60947-2?) also a 40amp, 160amp and 63amp. Also I need the type

2.BS4293 type and max ZS

3.ABB S221 K10A MCB type, KA and max ZS

If anyone can help i can finally complete this late paperwork. An afterthought do RCBOs BS4293 and 61009 never have a type??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Well it is the 3rd PIR you've ask us to help you with which I assume your getting paid for.

One day I could be quoting against you to carry out a commercial PIR. The odds are you will be cheaper, mainly because you don't know what you're looking at or doing.

So I'll pass.....

Sponsored Links
Errrrm... I am gobsmacked!

1. WHY are you completing PIR's without the necessary knowledge or training to enable you to do the job properly?

2. Why haven't you thought to ask the manufacturer of these devices for the information you require?

3. If you don't know that BS 4293 is the standard for an RCD, then you should quit straight away... :eek:

So the more you expensive you are the better you are. Ok, if you are not prepared to offer any help thats fine, no problem. Its easy being brave behind a computer

Woah woah Wizard Sleeves all these points are perfectly valid.

You should know the difference between an MCB, RCBO, RCCB and an RCD.

You should also know (and have) a copy of BS7671:2008 where all the neccessary info can be found

And the point of contacting the manufacturer is also a very good one

Appologies required i think :mad:

I'm not being brave behind a computer, I would say it if you were sitting next to me.

At least I hope you value my honesty. I truly believe I made some valid points there.

BTW have you now asked the manufacturers?

Carrying out PIRs is perhaps the most technically demanding job there is in the electrical industry.

You need a very extensive knowledge of BS7671, and a wealth of experience of working on electrical installations of all types and styles.

How long have you been working professionally on electrical installations?
The questions you are asking should very basic stuff for someone who is deemed competant to be carrying out periodic inspetions for profit.

Who is your professional body OOI?

You'll never see me asking for info like that on here, I do about 10 periodics a week at the minute (domestic) and my knowlege, BS7671 and a few manufacturer contacts help me on my way.

RF: Whilst it helps immensly, membership of a professional body is not manditory for periodics, only 2m public liability and 250k professional indemnity is, plus competance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back